Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ate ALL the carbs, and gained a couple pounds. Boo! But the week and a half off was glorious - I was such a slug.

Comment

• Hiiiiiiii. I've missed so much I don't even know where to staaaart.

Comment

• Radiation is a really great diet because I'm prob one of the few who lost a significant amount weight during December. The trick is mostly not eating at all (and the trick to that is to have a really terrible taste in your mouth 24/7 and all food has that taste) and a regimented schedule of anti-nausea meds. The side effects however include dehydration which is the worst for lots of reasons but mainly because you have to get IV infusions of liquids and your doctor scolds* you about your weight loss and not eating. Dude, if I could, I would believe me. Wevs. So long as I can eat and taste the biggest, most chocolatiest cake on my birthday in 6 weeks, I'll be satisfied.

I did get to see my niece and nephews over the holiday though which is the second best medicine (after actual medicine).

*He doesn't actually scold me and I really like him.

Comment

• Ugh. On the scale of life suckiness, being forced to do radiation when you should be chillaxing with the fam and eating all the carbs sounds pretty horrific. (And if the rest of you haven't looked up what the radiation masks looks like, you should because HOLY FUCK.)

Today is mr.o's birthday! I bought him allllllllll the Scotch in the whole wide world.
          Last edited by ophy; 01-07-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Ugh, em, sorry your holidays have been a sicky sicky pile of sick.

I have managed to avoid most of the carbs because my in-laws are terrrrrrible at food and so there wasn't much to resist! Heh.

I am feeling pretty good about most things right now b/c I have managed to avoid my usual crushing seasonal depression and I don't feel any different than I do in summer right now. I've had a few bad days but I immediately retreat to my Care Plan (I made it up but it works well) which includes: 2 D3 Vitamins (2k IU each), 4 Mega EFA fish oil pills, 10k lux lamp, walking on treadmill or walking outside as soon as the sun comes out even if it's freezing cold. THIS WORKS AND IS A MIRACLE.

In other news, my amazing employer is sending me on this terrible grueling weekend to Puerto Rico in February and it gives me something to aim for because SUNSHINE and WARM NIGHTS. YAS.

So even tho I will I break out into hives b/c my skin is sorta allergic to the thing that my brain needs most to function (hahaha, my body is hilarious) I'll be super happy to be somewhere to soak up that delicious Vitamin D.

I've been meaning to put together a post on my weight loss as well. I'm down 25 pounds from 2 years ago and THE STRUGGLE IS REAL but it's starting to feel like I can lose even more? Like I'm in striking distance of being totally hot (or passably cute for a 40-something).
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Y'all. I have one more day left of work before I am off for SIX WEEKS and I'm only out of town for 2 of those weeks. The other 4, I get to just roam around my house and hang out with the kiddos and OMG, what is this life? I'm not even sure I'll make it into a pair of pants at any point in those 4 weeks. It might just be a whole month of elastic waist shorts, not even gonna lie.

Comment

• Best life.

Comment

• Wut even is that about?

I'm so fucking busy lately I can't even see straight.
                  Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• SIX WEEKS? I want to go to there. I used to think I'd be bored just lounging about the house for more than a couple of days and now that makes me laugh and laugh.

Comment

• I was already planning on taking two weeks off for a regular vacation, but I didn't realize that I had reached my cap for PTOs and would end up having to dump nearly a month's worth of time into my sick leave bank at the end of our fiscal year if I didn't use them. So I asked if I could just use them consecutively if I found coverage for my clinic and got approved.

And I'm actually taking another 10 days off in August so basically this summer is gonna be the best ever.

Comment

• So being back at work is the actual worst, maybe?

I legit did not know how I would do with so much time off, but it was awesome and it has made me re-evaluate A LOT. Being with the boys pretty much 24/7 was awesome and I've always thought I'd hate being a SAHM, but it wasn't bad you guys. It was actually like, kinda easy? Is this a sekrit all SAHMs keep from peeps who work all the time? Asking for a friend. *We have a housekeeper and my kids are healthy and pretty chill, so my experience is not like a lot of others, I get that.* Please don't come for me, SAHM Mafia. I will keep your sekrit. I've been seriously considering going part time at work ever since we had Dude #2 and it was always with the understanding that I'd use that time to go back to school. BUT! I have no desire to go back to school right now and it's not really something I need for my self-esteem anymore. Mr. Issie has been encouraging me to do it these past couple of weeks since I told him how much I like it, but I've never not worked full time and am apprehensive about it. It's weird to admit, but my brother and sister are like superstar professional achievers and I feel like I'd be letting the team down if I didn't stay the course. I KNOW, IT'S WEIRD. Help me feel other feelings, though.

Comment

• Your feelings here are good and you should feel good about them. Try the part time thing! There's no need to be a superstar achiever! And if you don't like it, you can always go back to wage slave status.

Comment

• You're not feeling school anymore? Don't do school! It's your time + your fam doesn't need three professional achievers. Go with what feels awesome and enjoy the kiddos before they turn into surly teenagers, right? And everything I've read has been about how it can be difficult to get back in the game when you leave the working world entirely, but going PT has always sounded like a great way to stay sane.
                            Last edited by LaaLaa; 07-17-2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• I've been part-time since the kids were little, went back to full time for a while and now part-time again. I'm telling you now, part-time is the way to go! Now they are surly teenagers I can leave them to it while I do my studies, it's great. If super achievement is your thing, fine, but just do whatever suits you and don't worry about it!

Comment

• Part time sounds like a dream. I think I'd go crazy if I were a SAHM but I want to be the one to raise my children and actually spend time with them, so for me it's a win-win. My job is kind of part time so I like that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X