Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF is great! I started doing it after having weight loss surgery, because it works really well for the type of surgery I had and it has helped me improve my health ten fold. I have heard both sides on coffee and I say it really depends on how it affects you and your IF. Some are find with doing it and do not see any issues and others say they can feel the difference. I say it is a personal preference. The nice thing about IF is that you can choose your time window, so you can adjust it to your schedule. It does require some planning, but I think it has great benefits.

Comment

• Wait, real quick, is celery juice an alternative to coffee? Because my teeth are SO stained from daily tea and coffee. I think my caffeine habit is getting as mindless as my snacking.

Comment

• I'm not sure! I've read a few reports from people saying that they have missed coffee less or have stopped wanting coffee altogether since starting the celery juice habit. I tried it Sat and Sun and still want coffee in the morning, but maybe the effect happens over time. Also, it tastes just as you would expect so I had to make myself chug it like a shot. It's supposed to be most beneficial just by itself, but I don't know that I can keep that going. It's not good. Maybe I can do it a couple times a week and see if I notice any health benefits.

Today is the start of my 4th week of IF and I'm still maintaining. I haven't broken the 16 hour fast in about a week now and throughout the 3 weeks, I think I've gone 15ish hours maybe 3 times? I was worried about how I'd feel while exercising on IF, but honestly, it hasn't been hard at all. Since I have more energy, I've actually found it easier to motivate myself to work out.

I mean, who knows? This is uncharted territory for me and the switch has been pretty easy? I was expecting a lot more internal resistance tbh. Maybe this is just who I am now *Kanye shrug*.

Comment

• I'm a month in and I've started losing a little weight. I'm about 4 lbs down from the beginning of Jan and today was really the first time I've noticed that my pants are a tiny bit looser. And that's after having a pretty indulgent weekend during which we ate huge meals for my dad's birthday party at the lake. I skipped breakfast both days and then ate pretty much whatever I wanted during lunch and dinner. We also drank all weekend. I expected to be heavier when I got on the scale this morning so I was super surprised to see the change in weight. I was planning to do IF for a few months (maybe until the end of March so I could track my progress over 12 weeks or so), but I mean, this feels very sustainable and maybe I'll just eat this way forever? This lady has been doing it for 4 years and it's basically just her lifestyle now.

Comment

• Because of my hormone imbalance, I'm doing a gentler version of this (crescendo 16/8 . . . which means only fasting with a 10:30-6:30 window three nonconsecutive days per week). I've lost 3 lbs in 1 1/2 weeks, which is probs just water weight? But it's enough to make me stick with it. Biggest downside for me is managing the weird crash I get after eating the meal that breaks the fast. I just wanna go straight back to bed and can hardly keep my eyes open. That might either be because I'm causing an insulin spike with too many carbs/not enough protein and fat, or because it's still a new thing and taking my body time to adjust.

Comment

• Do you drink coffee as part of your first meal? I wonder if that would prevent the crash you go through. I haven't experienced a similar crash, but a latte is the first thing I drink at 10:30. I usually eat a croissant or have some yogurt along with it and feel pretty great after.

One thing I've noticed over the past month is that I crave different types of food. I've always been more of a salt fan than a sugar fan, but when I got the munchies, I always wanted like, nachos or pizza. Chips and salsa (or queso/quac/dip of the day) is basically a food group to me. These days I want protein. I've always liked eggs, but now I FREAKING LOVE EGGS. I want to throw an egg on top of everything. I've also started liking veggies as a snack, which I've never really enjoyed, but I've been buying bags of mini carrots and snacking on them at work. Maybe it's the sweetness and crunchiness? I don't recognize myself, you guys. It's like a weird, healthy stranger has taken over my body.

Comment

• Do you drink coffee as part of your first meal?

Nah, I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do drink tea with my first meal. Probably not enough caffeine in green tea to help much, though.

This morning I tried eating a little guac and almonds before my first actual meal, and I think that helped avert the crash some.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure caffeine is essential to my success on this eating plan. I am conditioned to having coffee almost every morning so if I were to restrict my eating times AND cut out coffee, I think maybe someone would have been murdered by now? One thing I forgot to mention: I have better endurance during cardio and it's been making me enjoy running more which I never thought would happen. I've run 2 10ks in the past week, like kind of accidentally. Each time, I got to around the hour mark and still felt really good, so I just kept going. I mean, I look in the mirror like

Comment

• It's like IF is turning you into a superhero!
                    It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Right!? So now that I feel like I have a handle on IF, I am trying to do a version of the Marie Kondo/Jen Hatmaker method of closet control. I cleaned out my closet and got rid of things I didn't wear much or like much anymore. Through this process, I learned I have a travel t-shirt addiction that borders on the absurd and the amount of jeans was unbelievable. I also planned tentative work outfits for the next few weeks with the goal of eliminating my habit of online shopping out of boredom and the stupid belief that I need more clothes. I mean, I've always known that clothes and shoes are my problem area, but seeing everything laid out Kondo styles was shameful. When I kept pulling out clothes that STILL had tags on them, I put a shopping ban on myself through the spring so we'll see how that goes. Mr. Issie spent much of my clean out time making fun of me for being a hoarder and having weird addiction issues, but I'm gonna DK his closet next weekend so we'll see who's laughing by the end of that day.

Comment

• DK or MK? For real, you’re getting all your shit together! I tried to Marie Kondo my pajamas and work out clothes alone and I couldn’t part with more than three shitty tees, so I need her to come to my house and cheerily force me to “thank u, next” half my closet.

Comment

• I tried to Marie Kondo my pajamas and work out clothes alone and I couldn’t part with more than three shitty tees, so I need her to come to my house and cheerily force me to “thank u, next” half my closet.
                          Trying to imagine a more 'early 2019' sentence and I can't.

I Kondo'ed my closet and was able to TU,N a fairly massive pile of stuff, which did make a big difference in there. Her drawer organization tip really is LIFE CHANGING in a small small way. Gonna do the utensil drawer next, maybe. Mr.o wants me to do my books but . . . nah. I'm afraid they'd get mad at me.

Last edited by ophy; 02-14-2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• DK or MK?
                            Oh, DK for sure. I'm not waiting around to ask him about joy. My criteria is pretty simple. If it has holes in it, it's outta here. If it was around when we started college, samesies. If I haven't seen him in it in years, it can find a new home.

I don't know why I'm so motivated to get my shit together all of a sudden, but I'm gonna ride it out. Who knows, maybe I'll end up back in school after all.

Comment

• I'm feeling attacked by how motivated and together you sound.
                              It’s just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Oh, and I have decided to go the opposite of MK because I throw away clothes with abandon and always have, so much so that I am always like: FUCK, I TOSSED ALL DAT! So I've taken of hoarding more.

Comment

Working...
                                X