Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always hoarded because I used to use my mom's old stuff for fun back in high school and always think that things will come back into style after a little while. Plus, I've usually shopped for separates rather than whole outfits so I'll hold onto tops (or whatever), because they match with a bunch of other things I own rather than because I actually like the top itself. The MK method made me judge each thing on its own and it made a huge difference in how willing I was to let it go.

I'm feeling attacked by how motivated and together you sound.
    Mr. Issie has asked me more than once if I'm pregnant because he thinks it's hormonal. I am not, but I can't explain it either so, like enjoy your new Type A wife, I guess.

Comment

• Having too much stuff makes me anxious so I have always had a routine of cleaning the closet. I canít be as on top of everything else as Issie though.

Comment

• me a month ago:
        Because of my hormone imbalance, I'm doing a gentler version of this (crescendo 16/8 . . . which means only fasting with a 10:30-6:30 window three nonconsecutive days per week)

I'm ditching this! After four weeks, I ended up GAINING weight and feeling super hangry and (even more) tired and miserable than before. Reason number billion why my body is so much dumber than Issie's. My body is like an idiot village that will turn any thing at all into an excuse to store away fat in all the idiot village storehouses.

Comment

• BOOOOOO to gaining weight while fasting! I would have ditched it too! I'm about 2 months in and have lost about 6-7 pounds. I probably won't lose much more and it's a very slow weight loss method anyway.

I couldn't do the celery juice thing, y'all. It feels like punishment and I'm not about that life.

Comment

• I started my fasting break this weekend and it was awesome to get to eat breakfast food during breakfast. And not having to wait to have coffee in the morning makes me unbelievable happy. In 3 months, I lost about 7 pounds and feel like that's probably where I would stay no matter how long I kept the fast going. Not sure yet how long I'll take this break, but maybe a month? We've got a weekend river trip planned during the 2nd week of May so it makes sense to start after that. Overall, I feel like 3 months on with a month break in between seems super doable. The fast itself isn't hard to maintain for me, but getting a month of not having to eat on a schedule is like a little reward.

Comment

• I used to think very highly of psychologists without having ever consulting one before. Movies and TV had distorted my view. Now I think they are insufferable hacks who jump into conclusions in order to justify their existence.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X