Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always hoarded because I used to use my mom's old stuff for fun back in high school and always think that things will come back into style after a little while. Plus, I've usually shopped for separates rather than whole outfits so I'll hold onto tops (or whatever), because they match with a bunch of other things I own rather than because I actually like the top itself. The MK method made me judge each thing on its own and it made a huge difference in how willing I was to let it go.

I'm feeling attacked by how motivated and together you sound.
    Mr. Issie has asked me more than once if I'm pregnant because he thinks it's hormonal. I am not, but I can't explain it either so, like enjoy your new Type A wife, I guess.

Comment

• Having too much stuff makes me anxious so I have always had a routine of cleaning the closet. I canít be as on top of everything else as Issie though.

Comment

• me a month ago:
        Because of my hormone imbalance, I'm doing a gentler version of this (crescendo 16/8 . . . which means only fasting with a 10:30-6:30 window three nonconsecutive days per week)

I'm ditching this! After four weeks, I ended up GAINING weight and feeling super hangry and (even more) tired and miserable than before. Reason number billion why my body is so much dumber than Issie's. My body is like an idiot village that will turn any thing at all into an excuse to store away fat in all the idiot village storehouses.

Comment

• BOOOOOO to gaining weight while fasting! I would have ditched it too! I'm about 2 months in and have lost about 6-7 pounds. I probably won't lose much more and it's a very slow weight loss method anyway.

I couldn't do the celery juice thing, y'all. It feels like punishment and I'm not about that life.

Comment

• I started my fasting break this weekend and it was awesome to get to eat breakfast food during breakfast. And not having to wait to have coffee in the morning makes me unbelievable happy. In 3 months, I lost about 7 pounds and feel like that's probably where I would stay no matter how long I kept the fast going. Not sure yet how long I'll take this break, but maybe a month? We've got a weekend river trip planned during the 2nd week of May so it makes sense to start after that. Overall, I feel like 3 months on with a month break in between seems super doable. The fast itself isn't hard to maintain for me, but getting a month of not having to eat on a schedule is like a little reward.

Comment

• I used to think very highly of psychologists without having ever consulting one before. Movies and TV had distorted my view. Now I think they are insufferable hacks who jump into conclusions in order to justify their existence.
              sigpic

Comment

• So, there have been reports that storms were coming for over a week, but since the severity couldn't be accurately gauged, forecasters refrained from speculating. And when you downplay the potential for flood events to occur in Houston, we basically believe you and just go about our business. We live in hurricane country and are used to this time of year being pretty unpredictable anyway. Up until last night, the weather peeps were all like, "Eh, it's bad to the east of us, but the worst has passed and we should be good!" And then this morning, they were all like, "Welp, the pressure up north pushed the storms back down so now we're probs fucked, sorry!" Houston ISD didn't cancel school today and now there's at least one elementary school that's taken in a significant amount of water and it ended up on Twitter with a video of kids having to walk the hallways on benches. This should be a fun couple of days. In outlying areas, there's already been devastating flooding and many people who just finished having their home repaired from Hurricane Harvey 2 years ago are now flooded again. I can't imagine how emotionally draining that would be. I would legit let everything drown, collect the insurance money, and move to the mountains.

Comment

• I live on a crazy steep hill and it’s murder when it’s icy, but as the world keeps getting more and more floody, I am so glad that a whole bunch of stuff is downstream from my house.

Stay safe, Issie.

Comment

• Thanks, V! We're ok and just had to deal with some street flooding. The house was never in danger. The boys see any big storm as a reason for a fort party in our room so I'm mostly just thankful that they don't have Harvey PTSD like their mother.

Comment

• Yeesh! Hope it was mostly fort parties for everyone.

I fasted so I could feel somewhat comfortable in a swimsuit for a girls trip and it worked! But... I didn’t really incorporate much working out. During the trip, I had, like, two regular breakfasts and a ton of tacos, and after one week I’m right back to where I started. In other words, nobody be like me.

Comment

• I haven't done IF in the last few months, but I'm gonna start again tomorrow and go until Thanksgiving. That should give me a nice reset before the holidays and before I turn 40, sob! We've officially started the year of 40th birthday extravaganzas and it's fun getting to see old friends from high school and college, but also it's A LOT. A couple of friends decided to do a big joint party trip in New Orleans this past weekend so I spent Thu-Sun without my kids for the first time in forever and also spent every single one of those days buzzed most of the time. Mr. Issie and I were there with 26 other people and while we had a great time, by Sunday, we were also very sure we were okay to wait another 10 years before doing something like this again.

Comment

• I had my bachelorette in New Orleans! Did you eat all the fun things? A majority of our trip was scarfing beignets.

Comment

• Yes! Turtle soup, chargrilled oysters, boudin, beignets, shrimp and grits allllll day so I needed to be wheelbarrowed to the car by Sunday.

Comment

• The 26 people sounds like a horror, but beignets make up for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X