Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IssieCol
    replied
    Y'all. I have one more day left of work before I am off for SIX WEEKS and I'm only out of town for 2 of those weeks. The other 4, I get to just roam around my house and hang out with the kiddos and OMG, what is this life? I'm not even sure I'll make it into a pair of pants at any point in those 4 weeks. It might just be a whole month of elastic waist shorts, not even gonna lie.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Ugh, em, sorry your holidays have been a sicky sicky pile of sick.

I have managed to avoid most of the carbs because my in-laws are terrrrrrible at food and so there wasn't much to resist! Heh.

I am feeling pretty good about most things right now b/c I have managed to avoid my usual crushing seasonal depression and I don't feel any different than I do in summer right now. I've had a few bad days but I immediately retreat to my Care Plan (I made it up but it works well) which includes: 2 D3 Vitamins (2k IU each), 4 Mega EFA fish oil pills, 10k lux lamp, walking on treadmill or walking outside as soon as the sun comes out even if it's freezing cold. THIS WORKS AND IS A MIRACLE.

In other news, my amazing employer is sending me on this terrible grueling weekend to Puerto Rico in February and it gives me something to aim for because SUNSHINE and WARM NIGHTS. YAS.

So even tho I will I break out into hives b/c my skin is sorta allergic to the thing that my brain needs most to function (hahaha, my body is hilarious) I'll be super happy to be somewhere to soak up that delicious Vitamin D.

I've been meaning to put together a post on my weight loss as well. I'm down 25 pounds from 2 years ago and THE STRUGGLE IS REAL but it's starting to feel like I can lose even more? Like I'm in striking distance of being totally hot (or passably cute for a 40-something).

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Ugh. On the scale of life suckiness, being forced to do radiation when you should be chillaxing with the fam and eating all the carbs sounds pretty horrific. (And if the rest of you haven't looked up what the radiation masks looks like, you should because HOLY FUCK.)

Today is mr.o's birthday! I bought him allllllllll the Scotch in the whole wide world.
    Last edited by ophy; 01-07-2016, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• emmaleigh
    replied
    Radiation is a really great diet because I'm prob one of the few who lost a significant amount weight during December. The trick is mostly not eating at all (and the trick to that is to have a really terrible taste in your mouth 24/7 and all food has that taste) and a regimented schedule of anti-nausea meds. The side effects however include dehydration which is the worst for lots of reasons but mainly because you have to get IV infusions of liquids and your doctor scolds* you about your weight loss and not eating. Dude, if I could, I would believe me. Wevs. So long as I can eat and taste the biggest, most chocolatiest cake on my birthday in 6 weeks, I'll be satisfied.

I did get to see my niece and nephews over the holiday though which is the second best medicine (after actual medicine).

*He doesn't actually scold me and I really like him.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    Hiiiiiiii. I've missed so much I don't even know where to staaaart.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    I ate ALL the carbs, and gained a couple pounds. Boo! But the week and a half off was glorious - I was such a slug.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    I miss all you betches! I hope everyone's holidays were awesome, involved overeating delicious carbs on carbs on carbs, and that you all got presents like a mofo!

We just got back from skiing and it was Mr. T's first time at ski school so that was not my most composed day ever, but he was a champ and I am a sissy.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I wonder what ophy's next obsession will be.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I wonder what ophy's next obsession will be.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    Personalised ads are creepy. I'm looking at a site and the ad in the right is showing me the dress I was looking at louisaviaroma yesterday and has a SHOP NOW! tag.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    I feel like LOL and LMAO are meaning something completely different to the kids, because I see that too and just want to say "What is so funny here?"

Also, their use of "literally" makes me want to shout at them to get off of my lawn.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    I get irrationaly annoyed with posts like "I liked these earrings so here's the link. Maybe you'll like them too lmao" Why are you laughing your ass of when you do a post like this? DO YOU KNOW WHAT LMAO MEANS?

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    Oh, it was TOTAL bullshit, but I think hotels get away with it because if you're the only one there, there's no one there to relieve you for a break? God, and bathroom breaks were just sprinting as fast as you could... Hm. This is sounding worse and worse.

Leave a comment:

• roly
    replied
    I have the convertible stand up desk, too, but I usually only stand two or three times a day, for about 30 minutes. I like it, but I work in a fairly casual office, so I can wear comfortable shoes. It's supposedly much better for you.

Laa, I know you're not there anymore but 8 hours with no breaks is bullshit. I'm pretty sure everyone with those hours is entitled to lunch plus two 15-minute breaks. Or was that just a Jersey thing?

Edited because never mind. I checked the Dept of Labor website and now I want to cry about how crappy/nonexistent our labor laws are.
    Last edited by roly; 06-23-2015, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    I bought myself some crocs and amazingly my feet feel much better today.

Is it considered humane to have people work 8 hours with no breaks or lunches? That's too much like actual work for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X