Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaaLaa
    replied
    Oh, it was TOTAL bullshit, but I think hotels get away with it because if you're the only one there, there's no one there to relieve you for a break? God, and bathroom breaks were just sprinting as fast as you could... Hm. This is sounding worse and worse.

Leave a comment:

• roly
    replied
    I have the convertible stand up desk, too, but I usually only stand two or three times a day, for about 30 minutes. I like it, but I work in a fairly casual office, so I can wear comfortable shoes. It's supposedly much better for you.

Laa, I know you're not there anymore but 8 hours with no breaks is bullshit. I'm pretty sure everyone with those hours is entitled to lunch plus two 15-minute breaks. Or was that just a Jersey thing?

Edited because never mind. I checked the Dept of Labor website and now I want to cry about how crappy/nonexistent our labor laws are.
    Last edited by roly; 06-23-2015, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    I bought myself some crocs and amazingly my feet feel much better today.

Is it considered humane to have people work 8 hours with no breaks or lunches? That's too much like actual work for me.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    I hate to be another annoying person, but you probably will adjust! I worked 8 hours a day at a hotel front desk, no breaks or lunches, and my body got used to it. It helped a lot to switch between flats and non-flats every once in a while so the stress was evenly distributed between my heels and the balls of my feet. Also, pace around if you can. Standing sucks, but my feet rarely hurt when I was moving around.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    That sounds like hell.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    I've gotten a standing desk at work, and I don't stand all day - 3-4 hours is all I've worked up to so far - but my feet hurt all the time now. Even with an "anti-fatigue" mat. Everyone assures me I will adjust, but I have been a lazy-ass worker for 29 years; this is a big adjustment for my feet.

Leave a comment:

• roly
    replied
    I had a dream a few nights ago that I was in the middle of a love triangle between Nick Lachey (who dragged me to see the hotel he bought in Atlantic City and was having painted black) and Eminem (who rapped to me over the phone when I complained he'd never written any songs about me).

I have no idea why my unconscious mind hates me so much. That right there is the definition of a lose-lose situation.

Leave a comment:

• emmaleigh
    replied
    I ended up just going to the post office this time since I'm still part time at work. Free shipping materials are fab though. I bought padded envelopes at Staples and they were kerr-azy expensive.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I used to sell like crazy and I used USPS labels but that was a very long time ago and they have changed their systems in the last few years. I was selling a lot so I ordered the free priority boxes from USPS and they would deliver them to my house FOR FREE. It was great!

Leave a comment:

• emmaleigh
    replied
    For people who have sold things on eBay, do you recommend using eBay's shipping labels/system?

Leave a comment:

• roly
    replied
    I turned the brightness up on my laptop and retook the test and got a 4. I feel much better now.

Leave a comment:

• Res
    replied
    I don't know about y'all - - but I'm seeing a Jingle Dress.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    I got a 34. I don't even know what color the boards are now, tbh. My eyes have always been such shit. As a kid, I slept with a night-light, I always read in the dark, I sat thisclose to the TV, and I never ate my carrots, so you were right, Mom.

ETA: BWA! I realized my laptop brightness was at 50%. I took it again and I got a 12.

EETA: Mr. Laa got a 0. Damn.
    Last edited by LaaLaa; 03-03-2015, 09:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I paid good money for these fancy eyes! Good to know I'm getting a return on that investment.

Leave a comment:

• emmaleigh
    replied
    I got 11, same as dada. Your 4 is mad impressive, ophay.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X