Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am now proclaiming this as one of my top pet peeves.

I hate hate HATE it when an elevator arrives, some of the people who are waiting for it crowd around its entrance immediately upon the doors sliding open. This of course leaves barely any space for those who are on the elevator to get off. Um, HELLO? Move the fuck out of the way so that people can exit, you morons!!

Comment

• OMG, I complain about this on a weekly basis at my job. They just smash right in! When I had the cane at least I had a large weapon.
      "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.---Kanye

Comment

• Wha! I thought letting people on the elevator to get out first is as common manners as standing in line. Fucking monkeys.

In my country, we don't swarm the elevator as soon as the door open. We're already crowding and pushing each other in front of the door when the elevator is still 5 floors away.

Comment

• And people that stand in the elevator in front of the doors that are now open on my floor? GET OUT THE FRIKKIN' WAY! Step OUT the elevator, put your arm across the door, and stand to the side. Let me get off, and then you can walk back in.

It's not difficult. Do not make me press my (somewhat sizeable) boobies against you in order to get out. This is an office elevator, not Fantasy Palace, mate.

Comment

• I have a stomach virus or food poisoning or something. I feel like ass. Coincidentally I had a doc's appointment today so I did get checked out. Baby and I are "fine" except for the and the runs... I was told I shouldn't worry unless I get completely dehydrated or run a fever. I seem to be able to keep the gatorade down and I'm not too warm so I guess it's OK. I wish someone would wave a magic wand and make it go away since it sucks to feel this crappy on top of being preggers!

The worst part of it (OK maybe not the worst) is that my useless husband (who still hasn't moved up to DC) has been no where to be found today. I've left a zillion messages on three different phones and two email accounts. I even sent a pathetic photo of me in bed and he still hasn't called to check to see how I'm doing!

It's all about me and my precious.

Comment

• Aww, being sick when preggo is no fun! But don't worry, soon enough you will be fine but you will be taking care of a wee one who's hurling and has the runs and doesn't like the taste of Pedialyte (baby Gatorade). Good times!

Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

• It took about 48 hours but I'm pretty much back to "normal" now. Bloated and out of breath, but I guess these days that's normal.

It's too friggin' hot to be pregnant! I guess it's slightly worse in Orlando. Neo - if you're gonna get preggers, now is the time. Don't "wait" until December like I did!

Comment

• Aww, poor preggers Pig! I can hardly stand to go outside this weekend!
                  Its just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• OK, dilemma time:

A friend of mine invited me and the Mr. to her upcoming birthday party. We've known each other about a year.

Anyway, she sent out really fancy invitations, which I got last week (on top of a 'Save the Date' card months ago). Let's just say this wasn't going to be a spur of the moment party. She booked a private room in a restaurant and has been planning this literally since I first met her.

Last night she sends me an email, telling me she's sorry for the inconvenience, but she's decided to cancel the party because it was too much hassle.

Personally, I think she decided she needed to trim the guest list and essentially "disinvited" us. Which I don't mind so much (although I think it's a little weird after sending formal pre-printed invitations). But I am seriously bugged by the fact that I think she's lying to me. I hate being lied to. Of course, I have no proof she's lying.

What would you do? Should I take the high road and assume she's telling the truth? Should I confront her? Should I not go out of my way for her anymore?

The Mr. (evil genius that he is) thinks I should email her back and tell her we're sorry that the party has been canceled, but since we're so looking forward to going to that restaurant, we're going to go ahead and go for dinner there that night, since we already have a sitter and everything. I love him.

Comment

• I'd *totally* do that. The Mr. is AWESOME for enabling you in this regard.

Bottom line is someone she wasn't expecting has wandered back into her life, and she's wanting to use your spaces for theirs. I hate rude people.

Comment

• Word to Ginni's response. Not only would I tell her that I'd eat there anyway, I'd actually eat there that night just to make her uncomfortable when I caught her. And it totally gives you the out from the friendship that you'd surely want after having been lied to. Kill two birds with one dinner.

Comment

• I Mr.Snick since that's exactly what I was thinking I might do as I was reading your story. It'll be interesting to see what her reaction to your response would be. And if she's telling you the truth, at least you didn't look like an ass for confronting her.

Do you know any of the other invitees? Curious to see if they got similar "never mind" emails. You can always call the restaurant and see if she's canceled the party. Or if you're truly evil, you can cancel for her. Ha!

Comment

• Sniff. I love you guys!

I'm definitely going to call the restaurant tomorrow and see if she still has a reservation. And if so? We are sooooo eating there next Saturday night!

Comment

• I have had a thought:

The guy that sits behind me had a birthday party to go to a couple of weeks ago. Until his wife took a call from the birthday girl the day before the party. Apparently the boyfriend had forgotten to pay the deposit, so the club had let the booking lapse and had taken another booking for the same night. It didn't come out until she'd phoned the venue the day before to ask if she could get in early to decorate, and they were all "whu'?? We don't have a booking under your name - it's been cancelled!" and she had to then phone round 100 people dis-inviting them.

To give her the benefit of some doubt, perhaps something similar is going on, but to hell, I'd totally be making it difficult for her to lie.

Comment

• Since it is such a fancy party it must signify some sort of milestone for her. And the length of time she's been planning it - longer than some people take to plan their wedding.
                                so it seems totally suspicious that she's cancelled it with less than a week to go, citing "hassles". And the fact she emailed instead of calling you personally just makes it worse.

So by all means - go and enjoy a kid-free night.

BTW - have you bought the gift? Will she still be expecting that? Are you going to return it and go for something cheaper or donate to charity?

Comment

Working...
                                X