Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dada_teacher
    replied
    I got 11, which is pretty good I guess? The white//gold vs blue/black thing has nothing to do with how well you see colors, though. It's totally our brain. I saw two vids, actually, which explain the phenomena perfectly and I feel better. I'm at work so I don't have the links handy!

ETA: Links that explain it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AskAQwOBvhc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jexnhNfOzHg
    Last edited by dada_teacher; 03-03-2015, 07:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gloopdygleep
    replied
    I got 32 also. I can only see white and gold, though when I keep looking the dress almost takes on a pale lavender hue for a minute.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I got a 24. Jelly of your four!

Leave a comment:

• emmaleigh
    replied
    I can only see black and blue. I don't even know what white and gold people are talking about (but I wish I did, it sounds like a more exciting dress than black and blue).

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    I have never seen blue/black except in the original photo of the dress from the place that sells it. I feel like I'm missing out on something, and potentially a whole lot!

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    Hah. The Hutch was on Fallon saying he only sees periwinkle/charcoal, which is an in-between option I'd never heard before.

I see white/gold unless I glance at it after not seeing it for a while. It's a flash of black/blue and then a whole lot of feeling insane. But yay, I see what laser-eyes ophy sees!

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I'm so confused about the white/gold thing. I only ever saw black/blue but for that one time that I can't replicate. Even the art director at work saw white/gold. SO WEIRD.

Leave a comment:

• roly
    replied
    I knew lower was better, but I thought the range was 0-99, which made my 26 not that impressive, but if that's out of a potential 1520, I'm happy with it. 4 is amazing!

Also, I only see white and gold.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Lower is definitely better according to the test! That said, I'm still a white and gold person, so I guess the two things aren't connected.

Unless this is a legitimate plot twist . . .

and wish you lived in our house as my husband and I can never agree on colour hues when decorating.

PM me your address and I will be right over. I am aces when it comes to picking out paint colors. The trick is to go full spectrum in rooms where the light changes throughout the day. Costs more, but sooooo worth it.

Leave a comment:

• scientologyguru
    replied
    I couldn't do the test as on IPad so just pressed score and got 968. Think that Ophy's theory is right that lower is better and wish you lived in our house as my husband and I can never agree on colour hues when decorating.

Leave a comment:

• cajun
    replied
    I got 18. I only saw the dress as blue and black once, while scrolling. It was pretty much always white and gold to me.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    but I got a 26, which doesn't strike me as being that good. And they have no comparison data for my demo.

I scored a 4. And since it goes 0 - 99, I guess I just assumed a 4 must be pretty decent. I'm seeing a wide range of scores on tumblr, though, so maybe I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• BreezyK
    replied
    I got 32 which I thought was ok considering I have bad eyes. I saw the dress as ONLY white and gold though, so what do I know? I can see how the white could be slightly tinted blue, but never saw the gold as black. (And the range for me (F, 30-39) was 0-1520, so not helpful at all!)

Leave a comment:

• roly
    replied
    How do you know what a good score is? I thought I would do well on that sort of test (I have a game on my phone that is similar and I'm good at it), but I got a 26, which doesn't strike me as being that good. And they have no comparison data for my demo.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Even though I know better, I still feel this way, tbh.

I still see it as gold and white 95% of the time, and have to totally trick myself to get it to turn blue and black. I thought my new laser eyes were defective . . . but then I took a hue test on tumblr and got a really decent score. So my fancy new eyes are fine, it's my brain that is stupid.

You can try it here: http://www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge
    Last edited by ophy; 03-02-2015, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X