Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roly
    replied
    How do you know what a good score is? I thought I would do well on that sort of test (I have a game on my phone that is similar and I'm good at it), but I got a 26, which doesn't strike me as being that good. And they have no comparison data for my demo.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Even though I know better, I still feel this way, tbh.

I still see it as gold and white 95% of the time, and have to totally trick myself to get it to turn blue and black. I thought my new laser eyes were defective . . . but then I took a hue test on tumblr and got a really decent score. So my fancy new eyes are fine, it's my brain that is stupid.

You can try it here: http://www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge
    Last edited by ophy; 03-02-2015, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    I like the scientist who was like "I"m going to be studying this for the rest of my life."

#teamperiwinkleandgold

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    No, but it ONLY looks blue/black to me. I only got the gold/white thing for a second and I think it was because my screen had so much white around it and my eyes were taking it in and then once the colors came into focus I couldn't replicate it? I dunno.

It might be the most important photo ever taken.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    I'm going with the sciencey explanation: our brains interpret and correct the low lighting, apparently, which would explain why it only looks blue/black at first glance and gold/white thereafter.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Ok, so I only saw black and blue and I was like "is this an internet hoax? I'm so confused." Then I decided that all the white/blue peeps have some eye probs like Mr. Is who is colorblind.

BUT THEN last night I clicked on a link that I thought was a round-up of JOKES about the dress and as I was scrolling the dress totally randomly turned white/gold for a second and I was like: WUT IN THE WORLD JUST HAPPENED.

But then I couldn't get it back. I clicked away and clicked back and it was back to blue/black.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Ha!

DON'T YOU ARE DARE BRING THAT HERE. It's The Dress that brought down the internet.

So the dress *is* blue and black without any doubt (according to the manufacturer), and yeah, I don't get the science behind why people all see it differently in that one pic, but oh well.

I see white and gold the majority of the time -- but I have managed to see blue and black a few times by going all the way to the bottom of the page and scrolling up . . . then stopping a few lines of lace up from the bottom of the dress for a few seconds, and then slowly scrolling up to the top of the dress. But if I keep looking at it, it goes back to white and gold pretty quickly.

Life is a lie.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    This is so weird.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesish/hel...lue#.bo1yKjA19

I see a white and gold dress but apparently people are seeing a blue and black dress.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    RATHMEL!

HEARTS AND FLOWERS ALL DAY.

I have often thought of you, bb! My door's always open.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    WOW. It's been forever!

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    HI Rathmel! Welcome back!

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    What uuuup!(!!!) Where have you been!

Leave a comment:

• rathmel
    replied
    *blows dust off login*

*tap tap* Is this thing on?

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I love you very much.

ETA I can't believe that you found a Woodbrev manip that I haven't seen before. You got skillz, girl.
    Last edited by ophy; 01-17-2015, 06:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Picpsam for ophy for no reason...(that I'll admit).

That last one is my fave.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X