Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vanessa
    replied
    I like the scientist who was like "I"m going to be studying this for the rest of my life."

#teamperiwinkleandgold

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    No, but it ONLY looks blue/black to me. I only got the gold/white thing for a second and I think it was because my screen had so much white around it and my eyes were taking it in and then once the colors came into focus I couldn't replicate it? I dunno.

It might be the most important photo ever taken.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    I'm going with the sciencey explanation: our brains interpret and correct the low lighting, apparently, which would explain why it only looks blue/black at first glance and gold/white thereafter.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Ok, so I only saw black and blue and I was like "is this an internet hoax? I'm so confused." Then I decided that all the white/blue peeps have some eye probs like Mr. Is who is colorblind.

BUT THEN last night I clicked on a link that I thought was a round-up of JOKES about the dress and as I was scrolling the dress totally randomly turned white/gold for a second and I was like: WUT IN THE WORLD JUST HAPPENED.

But then I couldn't get it back. I clicked away and clicked back and it was back to blue/black.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Ha!

DON'T YOU ARE DARE BRING THAT HERE. It's The Dress that brought down the internet.

So the dress *is* blue and black without any doubt (according to the manufacturer), and yeah, I don't get the science behind why people all see it differently in that one pic, but oh well.

I see white and gold the majority of the time -- but I have managed to see blue and black a few times by going all the way to the bottom of the page and scrolling up . . . then stopping a few lines of lace up from the bottom of the dress for a few seconds, and then slowly scrolling up to the top of the dress. But if I keep looking at it, it goes back to white and gold pretty quickly.

Life is a lie.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    This is so weird.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/catesish/hel...lue#.bo1yKjA19

I see a white and gold dress but apparently people are seeing a blue and black dress.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    RATHMEL!

HEARTS AND FLOWERS ALL DAY.

I have often thought of you, bb! My door's always open.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    WOW. It's been forever!

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    HI Rathmel! Welcome back!

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    What uuuup!(!!!) Where have you been!

Leave a comment:

• rathmel
    replied
    *blows dust off login*

*tap tap* Is this thing on?

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I love you very much.

ETA I can't believe that you found a Woodbrev manip that I haven't seen before. You got skillz, girl.
    Last edited by ophy; 01-17-2015, 06:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Picpsam for ophy for no reason...(that I'll admit).

That last one is my fave.

Leave a comment:

• Laura
    replied
    There's something about having a physical wall to put your fave things on. Spent a while chatting to my teen about her pics, posters, book quotes etc plastered on her bedroom wall then we got onto what I'd have on mine these days. Silly but fun. Trouble is, I'm gonna need a bigger wall and I also want gifs on there. I'm still mentally adding to it.

Leave a comment:

• gloopdygleep
    replied
    It worked for me dada! Also thank you because I love butts! I don't agree with almost any of the scores, but it was still a super fun time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X