Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still have nothing important to say: The randomness thread.

Is thread okay? Hee. *waits for moderator iron fist of doooooooooom*

Two random music-related thoughts for today:

Is it possible to hear Tempted by Squeeze and *not* sing along at the top of your lungs?

I also think it's physically impossible to walk normally while listening to Bikini Girls with Machine Guns playing in your headphones.

• IssieCol
    replied
    I started my fasting break this weekend and it was awesome to get to eat breakfast food during breakfast. And not having to wait to have coffee in the morning makes me unbelievable happy. In 3 months, I lost about 7 pounds and feel like that's probably where I would stay no matter how long I kept the fast going. Not sure yet how long I'll take this break, but maybe a month? We've got a weekend river trip planned during the 2nd week of May so it makes sense to start after that. Overall, I feel like 3 months on with a month break in between seems super doable. The fast itself isn't hard to maintain for me, but getting a month of not having to eat on a schedule is like a little reward.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    BOOOOOO to gaining weight while fasting! I would have ditched it too! I'm about 2 months in and have lost about 6-7 pounds. I probably won't lose much more and it's a very slow weight loss method anyway.

I couldn't do the celery juice thing, y'all. It feels like punishment and I'm not about that life.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    me a month ago:
    Because of my hormone imbalance, I'm doing a gentler version of this (crescendo 16/8 . . . which means only fasting with a 10:30-6:30 window three nonconsecutive days per week)

I'm ditching this! After four weeks, I ended up GAINING weight and feeling super hangry and (even more) tired and miserable than before. Reason number billion why my body is so much dumber than Issie's. My body is like an idiot village that will turn any thing at all into an excuse to store away fat in all the idiot village storehouses.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    Having too much stuff makes me anxious so I have always had a routine of cleaning the closet. I can’t be as on top of everything else as Issie though.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    I've always hoarded because I used to use my mom's old stuff for fun back in high school and always think that things will come back into style after a little while. Plus, I've usually shopped for separates rather than whole outfits so I'll hold onto tops (or whatever), because they match with a bunch of other things I own rather than because I actually like the top itself. The MK method made me judge each thing on its own and it made a huge difference in how willing I was to let it go.

I'm feeling attacked by how motivated and together you sound.
    Mr. Issie has asked me more than once if I'm pregnant because he thinks it's hormonal. I am not, but I can't explain it either so, like enjoy your new Type A wife, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Oh, and I have decided to go the opposite of MK because I throw away clothes with abandon and always have, so much so that I am always like: FUCK, I TOSSED ALL DAT! So I've taken of hoarding more.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    I'm feeling attacked by how motivated and together you sound.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    DK or MK?
    Oh, DK for sure. I'm not waiting around to ask him about joy. My criteria is pretty simple. If it has holes in it, it's outta here. If it was around when we started college, samesies. If I haven't seen him in it in years, it can find a new home.

I don't know why I'm so motivated to get my shit together all of a sudden, but I'm gonna ride it out. Who knows, maybe I'll end up back in school after all.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    I tried to Marie Kondo my pajamas and work out clothes alone and I couldn’t part with more than three shitty tees, so I need her to come to my house and cheerily force me to “thank u, next” half my closet.
    Trying to imagine a more 'early 2019' sentence and I can't.

I Kondo'ed my closet and was able to TU,N a fairly massive pile of stuff, which did make a big difference in there. Her drawer organization tip really is LIFE CHANGING in a small small way. Gonna do the utensil drawer next, maybe. Mr.o wants me to do my books but . . . nah. I'm afraid they'd get mad at me.

Last edited by ophy; 02-14-2019, 06:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    DK or MK? For real, you’re getting all your shit together! I tried to Marie Kondo my pajamas and work out clothes alone and I couldn’t part with more than three shitty tees, so I need her to come to my house and cheerily force me to “thank u, next” half my closet.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    Right!? So now that I feel like I have a handle on IF, I am trying to do a version of the Marie Kondo/Jen Hatmaker method of closet control. I cleaned out my closet and got rid of things I didn't wear much or like much anymore. Through this process, I learned I have a travel t-shirt addiction that borders on the absurd and the amount of jeans was unbelievable. I also planned tentative work outfits for the next few weeks with the goal of eliminating my habit of online shopping out of boredom and the stupid belief that I need more clothes. I mean, I've always known that clothes and shoes are my problem area, but seeing everything laid out Kondo styles was shameful. When I kept pulling out clothes that STILL had tags on them, I put a shopping ban on myself through the spring so we'll see how that goes. Mr. Issie spent much of my clean out time making fun of me for being a hoarder and having weird addiction issues, but I'm gonna DK his closet next weekend so we'll see who's laughing by the end of that day.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    It's like IF is turning you into a superhero!

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    I'm pretty sure caffeine is essential to my success on this eating plan. I am conditioned to having coffee almost every morning so if I were to restrict my eating times AND cut out coffee, I think maybe someone would have been murdered by now? One thing I forgot to mention: I have better endurance during cardio and it's been making me enjoy running more which I never thought would happen. I've run 2 10ks in the past week, like kind of accidentally. Each time, I got to around the hour mark and still felt really good, so I just kept going. I mean, I look in the mirror like

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    Do you drink coffee as part of your first meal?

Nah, I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do drink tea with my first meal. Probably not enough caffeine in green tea to help much, though.

This morning I tried eating a little guac and almonds before my first actual meal, and I think that helped avert the crash some.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X