No announcement yet.

Work Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is promising to be the worst year ever.
    sigpic

Comment

• It really really is. I am cycling between rage and boredom at work; time to call some old coworkers and have them find me a new job.

Comment

• My hospital is shutting down. So I won't have that work hell anymore. Which is another hell. Who even knew you could shut down a hospital? Pretty sure we all need those.

Comment

• So sorry, you guys! Gah! Schools are shutting down here all over the place.

Vanessa, is it sexism in your case?
          sigpic

Comment

• Nah, itís just some annoying projects. I mean, I am awash in sexism of course, but itís just the usual amount.

Comment

• I don't get how hospitals and schools just shut down. Like.. um.. sorry... we kinda need those? Population is growing and all that. I do hate this particular hospital though so, other than the money it's not much of a loss. But still.

Vanessa, I hope your friends find you a new job pronto. I didn't think sexism was even still a thing, not really, I honestly thought that was mostly from years gone by - until I actually saw it for myself! Boredom makes it so much worse too.

Comment

• Ugh. I just realised my school's principal is a nazi sympathizer and I don't know what to do with myself.
                sigpic

Comment

• Thatís a terrible situation. Is there any hope of him moving or you finding a new place?

Comment

• It's possible but since I am essentially a civil servant it's not entirely up to me. The good thing is that the school year is almost over!
                    sigpic

Comment

• WHAT THE FUCK. I couldn't hang with that. I'm too off the ranch.
                      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Yeah, I just don't really talk to him anymore.

(I don't know what off the ranch means!)
                        sigpic

Comment

• I'm incapable of playing nice at this point in my life. I'm basically John Wayne.
                          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I am spoiled as can be because I work for a tech company and can work from home, but all of tech is still shitty and annoying to work for and they do everything wrong with regard to HR. My current employer - a big company you have heard of and probably consider evil, let’s call it Boober - has decided that my division is something they no longer want to fund (which is fair, because this is a very long-term thing we are working on and Boober shareholders were not amused). Anyway, we found out they were selling us through a rumor in TechCrunch 6 weeks or so ago, with the accompanying rumors of layoffs. No word from Boober.

Two weeks ago they announced that the rumor was true and that some of us would be offered jobs in the new company, but not all of us of course, and we would get a notice of which camp we were in some time before the 18th (today). Everybody here on a work visa was freaking the eff out because if you lose your job you have a short timeframe for finding a new one, the timing of this at the end of the year would take away some of that short window for them, and nobody from Boober could tell us anything because the new company was doing all the choosing of who gets a job. One person on my team was leaving the country to get married back home and worried he wouldn’t be able to get back into the country. It’s been a horrible stressful mess and as a manager, my team expected me to know everything and reassure them and my director and VP didn’t even know anything let alone people at my pay grade.

We got the emails yesterday (you got one of two: either Welcome to New Company or Sorry), and I am lucky because I get to have a job in the new company, but one person on my team didn’t make the cut, and it was the wrong person. The new company did surgical cuts from all the teams based on beek knows what, and they picked wrong. Like, ask me for a cut list and I can do that, but you fucked it up, dudes.

That said, I am kinda glad to be leaving Boober because I was always ambivalent about working for an evil tech giant.

Comment

• Wow, that is ridiculous and stressful. And bizarre not to let managers pick their teams! BUT! You made the cut! Woot!

Comment

• Having worked for a big company I say that they never consult the managers. Frustrating but true. Thank God you still have a job, Vanessa!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X