No announcement yet.

Writerly Pursuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aw, thanks. Yes, we are hip deep in that book in my writing group. I'm probably halfway through it? Or more? Depending on how many scenes I need to add to flesh out the school plot.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Hold up, I don't know which one this is.

Is it the one inspired by Dan/Blair, or is this the 90s new adult?

Comment

• The '90s one!
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Oh good, I love that one.

I think I need some help, you guys. I may have overcomplicated my magic system, so I need someone to just skim the chaps that I have finished and tell me yay or nay on whether or not it all makes any sense whatsoever. I keep doing this, layering more and more details in, until I don't know whether it's actually 'rich' details or just an overload of too much muchness.

jennchum has already got dragons to deal with, so raise your hand if you want 40 pages of witches to glance at.

Comment

• I volunteer as skimmer!

Comment

• Meeeeeee I do!!

Comment

• Okay, Laa and Breezy it is, then.

I need to clean it up a bit, but I'll send it to y'all tomorrow.

I have Laa's email, but I don't think I have yours, Breezy.

Comment

• I love Is's writing group; they all sound so helpful.

Comment

• Sorry, skimmers, it ain't going to be tonight after all. I did 1800 words today -- which was fine and dandy, but has me stuck in a scene I really want to finish before I send it to anyone.

Comment

• So three people all have stuff of mine right now, and not a one of you have said ANYTHING.

YOU GUISE.

I am imagining all kinds of horrible things here. I assume it's all so terrible that everyone is too scared to say something. Put me out of my misery!

Comment

• Did you not send them entire novels? Give 'em time, o!

Comment

• Hee. I love that gif. I need that gif pretty much every day.

Only jennchum has an entire novel, the others just got 20k. A measly 20k. But hey, apparently, people have lives. Pffft.

If any of you actually loved me, you'd quit your jobs, leave your families, and move into my basement so I could toss food and manuscript pages at you once a day.

No? No takers?

Comment

• I'm considering it. It sounds nice and quiet.

Comment

• it is quiet! My MIL does our laundry down there, but you'd have the basement mostly to yourself.

Oh, and free wifi!

And if you need a specific brand of snackfood, I can probably arrange that. No promises, but probably.

Comment

• I'd maybe like to retire to your basement. I will need a new laptop every three years or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X