No announcement yet.

Exercise: Just another excuse to buy new shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once the weather turned cold and wet, I wasn’t going for my daily walks or bike rides, and something had to be done, so I bought myself a Peloton bike. I am ready to accept mocking for this, but it’s actually really well-made and there are a million classes and the instructors are all fun and motivating. I think I need a class structure like that, and having it on demand right in my living room (next to some windows with a fantastic view, naturally), just works for me. I am loving it (only a month in, though).

Comment

• is this your face now is it.

(no for reals, so glad you found something you love doing.)

Comment

• That is absolutely me, except older, fatter, and I bought it for myself. I blame my therapist for it - since I started working with him 6 months ago, he has been making me attack my anxiety/panic issues differently than my doctor did before. I meditate twice/day now, for 20 minutes each time, and I have committed to 4 days of exercise per week (could be more as I get more fit). It’s maybe a weird motivation, but I am riding on “don’t want to let down my therapist” as the inspiration to get me past the “used to being lazy” part of this.

Comment

• I need a better therapist.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I have never actually met this person - we do video therapy, though he does live here. It took me a long time to find a person whose therapy I agree with.

Comment

• THIS IS VERY INTRIGUING. What is video therapy?
              Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• So we just do it like zoom; he’s got some site that I log into and we talk over video conference. It’s brilliant because I can just do it in the middle of the workday if needed by finding an empty conference room. I never have to schedule going anywhere!

I am super lucky and my employer pays for a certain number of sessions through the employee assistance program.

Comment

• Yay for you, V! I laughed at that Peloton commercial and it was a dumb ad, but the bike is great and having one at your house is 10000x better than having to go to Equinox. A girl at work won a free private class for like 15 or 20 people and so she invited a bunch of us. It was ok, but it was only fun because I knew everybody. A spin class full of very skinny, competitive strangers in their 20s would be a hard pass from me. Also, I do not want to have to buy a new Outdoor Voices outfit for every class.

Comment

• Yes! That’s why I hate classes in general! I have to drive somewhere, pay, find pants and a top that hide sweat and don’t fight each other, and I have to try not to curse next to people who, unlike me, aren’t on the verge of fainting during the warm-up? Hell.

Comment

• Not just the fainting, but the farting. I don't know how all those spin class peeps peddle aggressively for a whole hour and not activate their toots. Are they all constipated? Does everyone just hope that the music and sweat drown out the sound and smell of gas?

Comment

Working...
                      X