No announcement yet.

Lurkers--Who the hell are you people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had no intention to read it, but wanted to see who the writer was. It was an orphan account, which means the writer deleted her account after she posted the fic. The fic is about a Japanese show I think!

Anyway, the fic had one comment, which if I understand correctly, is from the writer herself and waxes philosophically about the show, the fanfic, writing in general and other things. I mean, I barely understood half of it and I tried to pay attention.

sigpic

Comment

• The fic seems to be based on a couple (no idea if they are canon or not) from a South Korean show called The Heirs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Heirs

My favorite part of the show's plot description:

Slowly, he finds himself falling for her, later realizing that she's the daughter of his family's mute housekeeper.
      I really tried too dada and just couldn't get into it. The conversations full of overly clever prose between the two characters (very Dawson/Joey-ish) seem to come out of nowhere and without knowing or caring about the source material make it very hard to read.

He lets it go for a moment, then says, — “You were very good at flirting with me before, though, and you neither seemed like you wanted to hurry me toward anything in particular except toward the bastion posed by friendship and comfort and general good times, nor do you seem to want me to go away now, so... So.”
      Sorry Lurker! Not trying to tear down your fic. You obviously have a goal with where you are going and your writing style, but without love or knowledge of the source material, or some backstory or introduction to the characters (so that it's an independent story and not fanfic) it's just really hard to get into this story.

Comment

• Lillee is the new hshapir2, thanks.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• This made me laugh out loud.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I can't remember what hshapir2's deal was and I can't find the fandom wiki and I want to cry now.

Comment

• They were all about the RLTL and always posted "thanks"!

Comment

• Okay, that sounds familiar. I thought maybe it was one of the Pacey/Andie shippers.

Incidentally, someone I know recently posted the Buzzfeed "Would you have ended up with Dawson or Pacey?" quiz on FB and one of her friends commented that she got Pacey but didn't want him because she could never forgive him for dumping Andie. I really struggled not to correct her dumb ass, mostly because I try to save my crazy for here.

Comment

• I mean, The J brought it with Andie at the time. But on rewatching Andie is a horror show of EPIC proportions. She falsely accused a guy of assaulting her, she lied to and stole from her friends, and she cheated on Pacey while at her bed and breakdown. In short: She was the worst. How it's Pacey's fault at 16 that he couldn't get over being cheated on by her? Is beyond me.

Comment

• And stole the PSAT in the dumbest plot EVAH until singing mugger.

Plus, overalls.
                    "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

• oy - the overalls.

And the little pig-tails. They just made her look older.

Comment

• The 9/11 of 90s eye make-up.

Comment

• Did she wear butterfly clips once or was that a nightmare?

Comment

• We have a new member, Daydreamer (are they a Dawson fan? Supposedly not), who reached out via email to ask to join.

I mean, I'd say "be nice," but I know you bitches.

Comment

• Maybe I will try not being suspicious of new people.

Until he or she acts suspiciously.

Comment

• I spent way too many years being nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X