No announcement yet.

Hypochondria as a legitimate hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm shook that the doc lied to her patient, regardless of personal relationships. But maybe she read some shit that said if you tell them they have longer than you guess they last longer? It's weird how those things can affect a person's morale and overall trajectory? Like a verbal placebo. It makes sense the kids are handling it better. Kids are resilient in ways we just aren't as we get older.

Good luck, o! Keep us updated.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Hey all.
      Just a quick update: first chemo session was 2 weeks ago. It went pretty good - no side effects, was a bit more tired than usual, nap on hour or two on most days.
      Today was my second session of chemo. Again, things are going pretty good - so far no icky side effects - other than napping. Appetite is good - eating small meals and am careful with what I eat. Drinking plenty of water seems to help a lot - I try to drink 8 or 9 glasses, plus a glass of ginger ale or a mug of tea.

One thing I was dreading was the daily injections for the week following chemo. But - they're not as bad as I was expecting - much like when I test my blood each morning. A local agency was supposed to send someone around to do it but I ended up doing it myself - really is quite easy.

Comment

• Res, your strength is amazing. I hope it continues to be rather uneventful and you get over with it soon. Hugs.
        sigpic

Comment

• Thanks dada.

Got the chemo port today. A bit sore. No showers for 10 days! I hate baths.
          my hair is beginning to fall out - still thinking of colouring it red. Maybe one of those spray jobs.

I've been up since 3:30am - - the cat was outside overnight and decided it was time to come in. Then he wanted to hang out with me - I was either petting him or trying to avoid him attacking my feet. Have to do an injection then going to take a nap. Will do a bit of sewing when I get up.

Comment

• I am glad youíre doing well, Res.

Comment

• Thank you for the update, Res! I was wondering how you were doing. I vote red hair, for what that's worth.

As for my mom, nothing's really changed. She doesn't feel sick enough yet to believe the doc who said she only had a matter of weeks left, but to be honest, she can actually see the tumors growing under the skin on her abdomen so . . .

And my older brother found LITERAL SNAKE OIL* that he's convinced will cure her and wants all of us to pressure her to use the LITERAL SNAKE OIL but I am refusing to yell at her for not using it so that's been some fun dramz.

* it's some kind of crazy strong THC oil**, apparently, that will make her stoned as hell but is also supposed to shrink tumors. She's never been stoned a day in her life, so I really don't think she wants to spend her last weeks in a daze like that, but who knows. The decision is up to her, I'm not going to yell at her for nothing these days.

** RSO oil for anyone who's interested.

Comment

• Glad for both the updates, ladies! Life is a fucking trip. <3
                Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Literal snake oil! I canít even.

Comment

• Day 2 of LíOrealís raspberry hair makeup. Closest I could get to red. Most of this type of stuff is for blonds or brunettes - they always have more fun!

busy day yesterday - travel, nieceís graduation, visit with my brother - had a good sleep but still tired.
                    Last edited by Res; 04-06-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Gorgeous!

O, I am in awe of your patience.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Oh, yay raspberry hair! Looking good! I like it.

Comment

• Res! I'm so glad that you seem to be tolerating treatment well! I rec naps and snacks to all my patients. I don't know how many times a week I say a variation of the sentence, "Eat whatever you want." And the red hair is awesome!

Ophy, the THC might actually help with pain even if it won't do anything about the cancer. We have tons of people who use CBD for pain and appetite stimulation while they're on chemo and it legit helps.

Comment

• We have tons of people who use CBD for pain and appetite stimulation while they're on chemo and it legit helps.

Yep, she's already set up with an assortment of CBD stuff for pain, but apparently this RSO is an actual CURE?? like, no chemo needed according to my bro, if she'd only move in with him for a few months and let him dose her like, every hour or something. She was like:

Whether or not she's going to be able to do chemo is still a big question. Her biopsy isn't until the end of April because? her docs? keep going on vacation?? For reals, her oncologist went on vacation right after her diagnosis, so she had to wait three weeks for her first consultation, and now the biopsy guy is on vacation for WHO KNOWS HOW MANY weeks. I'm not sure I understand everyone else's lack of urgency here! So her GP tells her she has 4 months to live in early March (but ooops! might be two months dunno LOL SORRY I LIED) and yet also tells her that they won't even know if it's treatable or how until after biopsy results come in, but then HEY EVERYONE LET'S GO ON VACATION FOR WEEKS AND WEEKS so at this point she won't even get concrete results until the time that her GP said she might be going into hospice which seems KINDA LATE to be deciding whether or not treatment is possible, but what do I know. My mom says the docs are probs not rushing to get to her because they know it's pointless anyway but ugh. It'd be nice to have real data maybe? Right now her biggest complaint is a chest cold which also just seems super unfair, like the body should only be doing ONE THING at a time if you ask me. But anyways, her GP has said all along that chemo is unlikely to be an option, so maybe the biopsy really is moot.

Comment

• OMG THAT IS MADDENING. Nobody has a backup? I'm just in publishing but people still cover for me when I go out of town FFS.

Comment

• Really, the bio results should come out of a lab and the lab should have MORE THAN ONE DOCTOR! WTF.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X