No announcement yet.

Hypochondria as a legitimate hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the boob that tried to kill me is gone! (and it's co-conspirator - just for the hell of it!). Stressed to the surgeon just before going into the OR that both were to be removed, no reconstruction now or in the future, I want to go "flat." The past few weeks a few people were caught off guard but a surprising number of people and nurses agreed with me.
    Not much pain - so far. But have been given Tylenol 3 just in case. drainage lines are irritating but not that big a deal.
    Overnight in hospital but am home now. the cat knows something is up but is pissed I won't pick him up and cuddle.
    My sister is already eyeing my wardrobe for what she can claim. She can fit my VS Knock Out bras.

Laa - (((hugs))). Yeah, I think it is best to know the odds.

Comment

• Man, Res, I'm so glad you're ok!
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• So glad you are doing well, Res. That was a tough choice, I am sure, and I am glad you didnít let people guilt you into going against what you want.

Comment

• I am so so so glad you are doing this your way, Res! I honestly think I would make the same decision that you did.

Comment

• I am so glad you're doing ok, Res! I am sure you are going to feel much better soon!
            sigpic

Comment

• We're so old and full of adult problems .

Res

Laa, I also have Lynch Syndrome in the family, discovered when my aunt died of bowel cancer at 52 last year. My grandpa died on his 4th bout of bowel cancer in his mid 70s. I've not had the test and neither has my mother. I can feel the judgement but I know myself, if I had the test and it was positive it would be hanging over me always. I would be consumed by it. Because of my family history I can get the extra yearly tests anyway (thank you NHS) so I'm not totally burying my head in the sand.

My younger sister had the gene test last spring and doesn't have the Lynch gene. In September she was diagnosed with a fairly advanced breast cancer. Her son was 7 at the time. She's had such a hard year, a terrible time over Christmas with her chemo, and her daughter and husband and even my mum have been so useless. Actual quotes from my brother in law "You are enjoying the attention" "Thousands of people get cancer" "You have to just get on with things, life goes on". It's honestly amazing that I haven't stabbed him in the face. I might still murder him tbh but my sister is great now, hair growing back , surgery went well, only approx 30% chance of secondary cancers according to the docs. She is milking her survivor status though, I am practically a full time babysitter for my nephew. Literally feel that I can't say no to her and she is loving it.

I miss you gals when I feel my own mortality. You're the funniest people I never met.
              Last edited by Linda; 07-29-2019, 06:32 PM.
              Bitter Shipper

Comment

• LINDA.

Comment

• LINDA ILYSM

Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Lindaaaaa! If youíre youíre going to be proactive anyway, thereís no use in getting the test. Iím so glad your sisterís doing great and your brother-in-law sounds like a real bag of dicks.

Comment

Working...
                    X