Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am glad you are doing well, Res.

Comment

• So glad to hear, Res! Food tasting normal is BIG.

I gotta schedule my colonoscopy soon. And endometrial whatevers. And apparently I need to see a neurologist and dermatologist annually as well. Yay, genes.

Comment

• So - I've had this t-shirt a few months. Today was the first time I noticed the hand placement - - - the look like huge nipples where my breasts used to be. Gonna be getting rid of it.

96F7E8D4-5D51-4CC7-88F5-E1860A638C4B.jpeg
        Met with the radiation oncologist today - everything still good. No side effects from radiation - other than a spot of dry and itchy skin. Five more treatments to go!

Comment

• Hang in there, Res. You're a star!
          sigpic

Comment

• Res, glad to hear you're still CRUSHING IT!
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I'm so glad to hear you're still doing awesome, Res! I hope the last 5 cycles go by in a flash!

Comment

• Hey all!

Just a quick note to let y'all know that radiation is over! Last session was on Wed. Oct. 2. I thought I was being lucky since I hadn't developed radiation burns. I was wrong! Apparently even though I didn't feel any discomfort I had developed a radiation burn under my scar tissue. then, a couple days later I started developing burns on my neck, chest, and armpit. These ones were sort of where the skin split open and a little puss came out. I've been given a cream to help with the sores. The armpit one is the worst because of the way the clothing rubs against it.
                But overall, I'm doing pretty good; not too tired, pain is manageable.
                Neuropathy in my feet is still bugging me - usually I take a painkiller one day, Tylenol or an edible the next day. The neuropathy in my hands has almost cleared up - just minor tingling or numbness in my thumbs and index fingers.

I started work on Monday, Oct. 7. Nothing major - just managing a craft shop. Things are good so far.

Comment

• So happy for you Res. The worst is over! I wish you didn't get the burns but now that both chemo and radiation is over the side effects will go away in a while, right?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Res, I am so happy to hear from you. Radiation burns sound sucky, but you seem to be doing well overall.

Comment

• Res, I'm sorry you're dealing with all this but I'm so glad you seem to be keeping your spirit up and your pain manageable. <3
                      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• !!! Hope every day feels better and better from here on out! Managing a craft shop sounds fab.

Comment

• When I read about radiation burns I sort of thought it would happen during treatment and that it would feel like a regular burn. However, everywhere that I had a patch of dry skin has been a radiation burn. I put Aveeno or Udder Care on these spots so it wasn't so itchy but eventually these patches darkened and the skin has come off - leaving pink skin beneath. Thankfully the itching is minimal and there is no pain at all. one spot has cleared up pretty good because it isn't touched by clothing, a spot on the neck is right under shirt collars so it is easily irritated, the armpit one isn't too bad depending on the shirt I wear. And there is one that is under the Mepitil film - the film was to reduce burns - - so I can imagine how bad it would have been if I didn't have it!
                          The neuropathy - a side-effect of the Taxol chemo - will last up to a year. There isn't pain in my finger - just a slight bit of tingling (or sometimes numbness) in my thumb and index finger. My feet tend to have it worse - not as bad as a few months ago but bad enough that I have to take painkillers sometimes. I mix that up with Tylenol or edibles.
                          My hair is taking its sweet time growing back - still very close short. I really like it!
                          Overall - I feel fine, what little pain there is is manageable.

As for my job - I manage a little craft shop set up by a craft guild co-operative. I run the shop, arrange workshops and stuff. A fun job so far.

Comment

Working...
                          X