Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am glad you are doing well, Res.

Comment

• So glad to hear, Res! Food tasting normal is BIG.

I gotta schedule my colonoscopy soon. And endometrial whatevers. And apparently I need to see a neurologist and dermatologist annually as well. Yay, genes.

Comment

• So - I've had this t-shirt a few months. Today was the first time I noticed the hand placement - - - the look like huge nipples where my breasts used to be. Gonna be getting rid of it.

96F7E8D4-5D51-4CC7-88F5-E1860A638C4B.jpeg
        Met with the radiation oncologist today - everything still good. No side effects from radiation - other than a spot of dry and itchy skin. Five more treatments to go!

Comment

• Hang in there, Res. You're a star!
          sigpic

Comment

• Res, glad to hear you're still CRUSHING IT!
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I'm so glad to hear you're still doing awesome, Res! I hope the last 5 cycles go by in a flash!

Comment

• Hey all!

Just a quick note to let y'all know that radiation is over! Last session was on Wed. Oct. 2. I thought I was being lucky since I hadn't developed radiation burns. I was wrong! Apparently even though I didn't feel any discomfort I had developed a radiation burn under my scar tissue. then, a couple days later I started developing burns on my neck, chest, and armpit. These ones were sort of where the skin split open and a little puss came out. I've been given a cream to help with the sores. The armpit one is the worst because of the way the clothing rubs against it.
                But overall, I'm doing pretty good; not too tired, pain is manageable.
                Neuropathy in my feet is still bugging me - usually I take a painkiller one day, Tylenol or an edible the next day. The neuropathy in my hands has almost cleared up - just minor tingling or numbness in my thumbs and index fingers.

I started work on Monday, Oct. 7. Nothing major - just managing a craft shop. Things are good so far.

Comment

• So happy for you Res. The worst is over! I wish you didn't get the burns but now that both chemo and radiation is over the side effects will go away in a while, right?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Res, I am so happy to hear from you. Radiation burns sound sucky, but you seem to be doing well overall.

Comment

• Res, I'm sorry you're dealing with all this but I'm so glad you seem to be keeping your spirit up and your pain manageable. <3
                      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• !!! Hope every day feels better and better from here on out! Managing a craft shop sounds fab.

Comment

• When I read about radiation burns I sort of thought it would happen during treatment and that it would feel like a regular burn. However, everywhere that I had a patch of dry skin has been a radiation burn. I put Aveeno or Udder Care on these spots so it wasn't so itchy but eventually these patches darkened and the skin has come off - leaving pink skin beneath. Thankfully the itching is minimal and there is no pain at all. one spot has cleared up pretty good because it isn't touched by clothing, a spot on the neck is right under shirt collars so it is easily irritated, the armpit one isn't too bad depending on the shirt I wear. And there is one that is under the Mepitil film - the film was to reduce burns - - so I can imagine how bad it would have been if I didn't have it!
                          The neuropathy - a side-effect of the Taxol chemo - will last up to a year. There isn't pain in my finger - just a slight bit of tingling (or sometimes numbness) in my thumb and index finger. My feet tend to have it worse - not as bad as a few months ago but bad enough that I have to take painkillers sometimes. I mix that up with Tylenol or edibles.
                          My hair is taking its sweet time growing back - still very close short. I really like it!
                          Overall - I feel fine, what little pain there is is manageable.

As for my job - I manage a little craft shop set up by a craft guild co-operative. I run the shop, arrange workshops and stuff. A fun job so far.

Comment

• Ophy, I need your expertise. What do you think about palm oil? Mr dada read that there was a report by the European health organisation that Nutella and other companies cook it in very high temperatures because it smells otherwise and then it releases toxic substances. Most companies claim that they use it in low temperatures. It's in everything!
                            sigpic

Comment

• DON'T GIVE ME SOMETHING NEW TO FREAK OUT ABOUT, DUDE.

Honestly, I don't have any expertise here! I do the best I can with what I consume or put on my skin, but I kinda stopped investigating stuff too deep when I realized it was leading me down the road to Anxietyville, which is a place I don't wanna live full time.

That said, I think it really would be super hard to avoid palm oil unless you are sticking to a whole foods diet, because yeah . . . it's in nearly everything.

Comment

• Lol. Sorry, o. Just pretend I didn't ask.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X