No announcement yet.

Hypochondria as a legitimate hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far I am doing really good - no bizarre dreams, getting my daily steps in, watching Netflix. Still dealing with neuropathy - thankfully it has really decreased quite a bit, tiny bit of numbness in my fingers but thankfully no pain in my feet just some tingling.
    Just recently started to venture out. Mostly I do curbside stuff - - food bank pick-up, coffee (for my sister). Most of the time I remember to pull my mask on when I get to the service window. Never pay cash any more - - all debit card.
    When I ventured into Home Depot (my sister wanted to get plants) I took a walking stick. While we were standing in line to get into the store I would 'accidentally' wave my cane at people when they got too close. Men stayed back when I got too close to their genitals!
    I'm disappointed that not that many people wear masks and they look at me weird when they see me in one. I'm going to sew a pink ribbon (even though I loathe the colour pink) so they, hopefully, keep their distance.
    I've been told that I return to work on the 22nd or 23rd - depending on the state of emergency here.
    Thankfully there haven't been any cases in my home community! People are getting restless though. Administration and different groups have been trying to keep everyone occupied - community drive-by parades, surprise book/toy deliveries for kids, snacks, nail polish for adults. I've been having some luck with bingo!
    I don't clean stuff as thoroughly as I did before - except when I go to Costco.

Comment

• While we were standing in line to get into the store I would 'accidentally' wave my cane at people when they got too close. Men stayed back when I got too close to their genitals!

I've been told that I return to work on the 22nd or 23rd - depending on the state of emergency here

This terrifies me! But if you haven't had any cases locally, you should be okay, I hope!

Comment

• I am really glad you are well, Res.

Comment

• Glad you are doing well, Res! <3

Everyone who is afraid of the wrong thing is making so mad it's giving me life.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I am taking care of appointments this week that have been neglected - I did the eye doctor Monday and the dentist Tuesday. I have been going to this dentist for over 20 years, but I think she just convinced me to find a new dentist. Their approach to covid protection was not great, and my dentist - who is not shy about her opinions - went on and on about how the Governor never should have shut her down or put all these restrictions on the practice. The bad thing is that I have a crack in a filling that I need to get fixed, and I am sitting here thinking about whether I am comfortable having her do it. But if she is going MAGA on me, I will have no regrets.

Comment

• Why are people acting like the pandemic is OVER!!!? It's just getting started, for reals.

I have a doc's appt on Friday and I'm going to the dentist in a week or so, and I'm fully worried about both of them. The numbers in our county aren't bad at the moment, and our hospital is fine but still! The way people in my neighborhood are just like, "Whew, good thing we survived the plague, huh? TIME TO PARTAY NOW" is very very very concerning.

Comment

• Yay, Res! You keep waving your cane at those male genitals. In fact, you need to fashion a pool noodle tutu.

Can you guys call ahead to see if your doc and dentist are at least asking employees to mask up? I also don’t get people already acting like there’s a vaccine for a weirdo virus the world has never seen before. It’s less than a year old. Scientists are still learning about WTF it can and can’t do. The WHO just walked back the asymptomatic carrier theory...and scientists are appalled that they did it. Don’t worry, parents, COVID doesn’t seem affect kids...except when it does. Surprise! It causes blood clots! The numbers in my state are relatively low because our governor is a badass, but our line graph is not a plateau, and I’m not into roulette for hugs, tbh.

Comment

• Same on the pandemic front. THIS IS NOT OVER. WTF are people doing? I'm blown out by how cavalier people are WITH THEIR DAMN LIVES.

I might go back into the office this summer when Mr. Is does (he doesn't have quite the job flexibility I do), but I'm only going back because IT WILL BE WORSE IN THE FALL. Like, I believe it's very likely to be waaaaay worse in the winter. And so I figured I'd build up good will this summer by doing a medium risk thing. LOL.

I need to make allll the appointments but I've been pretty shocked that the only people to reach out have been my dentist and my hair salon. Like, oncologist, I thought you'd call! But I guess not.

We are doing yard dates. So having other couples/families over in small gatherings on nice days. Very low transmissibility. But we usually have a cookout on July 3 and I'm like: hhhmmm. NOPE.
                  Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Distanced backyard hangouts are not that bad! And you’re right, this fall/winter is probs going to be worse because everyone will have gotten entirely too comfy by the end of summer.

Comment

• Houston is experiencing an uptick in cases with hospitalizations up about 30%. So that's exactly what smart, cautious people said would happen when we reopened a month ago and here we are. We're supposed to go back to work the second week of July, but if the numbers don't ease up, they'll nix that plan REAL quick. We just can't risk it since our patient population is immunocompromised AF and they come from all over the country to get treated here. The county judge in Houston proper held a press conference yesterday and basically said that if the cases and hospitalizations continue to rise, we'll have to shut down non-essentials again. The haircut Nazis already hated her before so I'm sure she's having a great time in her emails today.

Comment

• Imagine being the kind of person who screams about tyranny while every action taken has been to try to save lives? It's insane to me.

In Illinois, our numbers are looking good. So we've been venturing out a bit more and we even had a couple of friends over last night to share takeout and watch a movie in the backyard!

I went to Target yesterday (wore a mask) but lingered and looked around like I would have pre-pandemic. I bought a cute headband and felt like a normal person! It was nice!

But we're also not doing anything involving sitting in a space for a long time or having to take off a mask. So I'm not dining in at restaurants or going to the movies (the local small theater chain is opening June 26 and showing "old favorites" to get people nostalgic for going to the movies but we built a whole movie theater in our backyard so I'm not doing that.

Mr. Is is supposed to go back to work in July. This month was optional and he opted to stay home. I'll probably go back when he goes back but nobody in my small company seems eager to do that. I have my own office so I don't think it will be a big deal but I'm concerned about the lunch area/common areas/kitchen still.

Oh, and I am still expecting Full Doom in the winter.

Comment

• I am so tired of idiotic bad faith arguments about this virus. That is all.

Comment

• How are we holding up? Issie, it looks scary down there in TX and I think of you whenever I see it. Pittsburgh's numbers are trending up, but not yet into scary range. Middle aged and old people wear masks, and the younglings hang out in bars spreading germs here. That's my observation at least. I am still saying "no" to any social invite that takes place indoors. And I had a socially distant date that consisted of sitting on a park bench talking. I don't want to see him again.

I am doing okay, raging wildly between being comfortable at home and feeling like I am losing it. I did get a new dentist, and not only is he much more careful about Covid, he also found a crack in a tooth that my old dentist missed. Sadly this means I got two crowns today instead of just the one I knew I was going to have to get. I am sadly to the point where a visit to the dentist to have him drill my teeth and give me crowns and charge me lots of money feels like needed social contact.

Comment

• The state of emergency has been extended in Ontario until July 15th. No word on when I am to go back to work - last month I was told it would be June 22nd but that didn't happen, obviously. The county I'm isolating in is the only county in the province that is still at Phase 1 - partly due to outbreaks among the agri-farm workers. The county my home community is in started Phase 2 last week - beaches opened on Monday. Thankfully no one in the community developed Covid. I think the blockades at the borders helped but they are going to be taken down on Monday.
                              Masks are mandatory now. I think a lot of older people wear them because they remember polio. Hell, I can remember being tested for TB when I was a kid.
                              I am finally free of all the chemo curls! I had a cut in January and again in March but they kept growing back and my hair was really thick. I got tired of it in May I borrowed a pair of clippers and gave myself a Mohawk. Earlier this month my nephew heard from his barber - he was cutting at home. So we both got our hair cut. The barber cuts the hair of a lot of city cops so I wasn't too worried that we'd get arrested for breaking quarantine.

Comment

• I’m miserable and hate everything about the pandemic.

also, worried about Issie!

Comment

Working...
                                X