No announcement yet.

Hypochondria as a legitimate hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was all supposed to disappear after November 4th, you guys. The montage on Last Week Tonight of Trump supporters saying he did the best he could with COVID and absolutely nothing is ever his fault is a tremendous bummer, but it explains why our map looks the way it does.

We had to get tested and quarantine after we got together with my in-laws and my prego SIL and her husband. They are the extent of our circle AND my SIL + hubs had just gotten done with a 14-day quarantine with negative tests, so we figured they were the absolute safest people to be around, but the hubs tested positive two days later. He was the only one who tested positive! I think they only went out to eat once and that was all it took. Needless to say, Outdoor, Distanced, Masked Thanksgiving it is.

Comment

• No Thanksgiving for us! We're doing chinese food by ourselves and seeing nobody. No Christmas this year, either, which is breaking my mom's heart. She hasn't seen us or the grandkids since last Christmas. It's hard!

Three people in mr.o's office have tested pos at different times in the past couple of months, so he's getting tested near weekly at this point. He never takes his mask off there and says everyone else stays masked too, but I've still got him to cut his days at work down to three half days a week, working from home otherwise. Our three biggest risk points are 1) his office (obvs), 2) my in-laws are still eating inside one particular restaurant sometimes (and then my MIL stops by our house to take the ogirl to get takeout or groceries now and then), and 3) the ogirl's martial arts class which I have reluctantly allowed her to start going to again. They were doing things outside but now are doing most things indoors, and I'm trying to gird my loins for the Difficult Conversation of not letting her attend them anymore. it's literally the only thing that gets her off the couch and the only place and time she ever speaks to anyone she is not related to, so . . . It's all very very hard!

Comment

• I'm so sad for your mom, ophy! I'm sure after all of her health scares, she probs craves family time more than ever. I know it's not even close to real life togetherness, but we're Zooming our separate family dinners. We have rain predicted for Thanksgiving so no outdoor fun time for us. That actually would have been nice since Houston is usually still warm enough to actually enjoy being outdoors in November. My sister's boys are out and about a little more these days and even though they try to be careful, they're also teenagers so we can't risk being with them right now. I test pretty often, not weekly, but around every 10 days or so. Mr. Issie is supposed to get tested on Saturday and then we're both off next week to isolate so we can have my parents over. My mom goes all in on the holidays so she is super bummed about not getting to do a big spread for all the grandkids.

Comment

• It's all very very hard!
          It is all super hard and exhausting and annoying and stupid. I am sorry for all of you who have families you can’t see right now.

Sometimes I am all “vaccine is coming we’re good” but then like today Pittsburgh went into Stay At Home and that’s not really differently from what I am doing right now, but it seems super depressing that we have to be here and why can’t people wear their masks and why couldn’t the government set up test and trace.

Comment

• Hope your BiL is ok, Laa! Very weird that he was alone in it but sorta lucky?

I'm sad for everyone! It's a fucking terrible year and everything is hard and I hate it. I'm incredibly lucky and and it's still hard and terrible. I feel bad for my husband and his family. My parents are gone, so I don't have that kind of pressure, but I'll say that even though I had a ... tumultuous (LOL) relationship with my mom, I've been really super sad the last week that I can't talk to her. I don't usually feel that way. That sounds worse than I mean! Heh. I just don't usually feel like crying in a "I want my mommy" kind of way! So missing that right now has been especially weird. I think it's just a reaction to the overall desperation of the times.

Jan. 20 can't get here soon enough. I'm exhausted.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Aw, I feel ya. My relationship with my mother is similarly complicated. This pandemic has made everyone yearn for normalcy with family, even if it’s tumultuous normalcy. I have Trumpers in my fam that I’m not ready to see until 2021, but this is the first year of my life I won’t be cackling and overeating with all my cousins over the holidays.

My BiL just woke up with a cough and lost his sense of taste for a week. It must’ve been just enough of a viral load to make him sick. So very lucky. But yeah, if the weather is shit, we’ll have to take home our portion of all the food my MiL made and Zoom with them.

Comment

Working...
              X