No announcement yet.

Hypochondria as a legitimate hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate to call this good news, but I am glad it is at least something you know.

Comment

• I hope you start feeling better soon, o! Mono sucks so much, but I'm glad your Covid test came back negative!

Comment

• Awww, I hope you get well soon, o!
        sigpic

Comment

• Oh, man! At least you know how treat mono? Ehhhh? I hate this for you.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Oh no! So sorry you’re ending this shit year with frigging mono.

Comment

• Talked to my doc on the phone and she doesn't think I'm having mono 2.0! So there goes that theory. She thinks I had a false negative (it was one of those do it yourself swabs at the CVS drive thru) and I'm actually in recovery for covid. Gonna do bloodwork in a month to find out for realsies, I guess. I'm back to being Schrodinger's patient.

The silver lining would be that if I had it, I got through it? I'm still crazy fatigued and get out of breath doing anything more strenuous then brushing my teeth and I've now spent 90% of the past couple of weeks in bed, but! my sense of smell and taste have come back and I don't have a headache or sore throat or muscle pain or eye pain or those sharp shooting pains in my joints anymore.

It would be pretty funny if my blood work in Jan says I had a completely different virus and it wasn't covid OR mono.

And by 'funny' I mean . . .

(hard to imagine it was covid, right? I mean, nobody else in my household had any symptoms at all either before or after, And I had stayed home almost 2 wks, I think I dunno. But also IF I did have it, I didn't spread it anyway. I have stayed as totally isolated as possible just in case.)

Comment

• So weird! I sorta hope it was COVID just so you get antibodies and you're fine? But weird all the same!

One of my nurse friends is in line to get the virus in a few days. Weirdly, she tests positive for low levels of antibodies and she thinks maybe being around all the COVID patients all summer with her mask and PPE on gave her such low levels of continuous exposure, she accidentally developed some antibodies (but not enough to actually say she had it?). It was the best she could come up with! WEIRD virus is weird.
                Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I hope you feel better soon ophy. Probably best if you've had it, now that it's all ending.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Well, I'm still not convinced that I've had covid*, but posting this just in case!

*never had a fever, never had a cough? so I dunno? and I'll be FURIOUS if I caught it because I have been SO FUHREAKING CAREFUL

Whenever I hear someone has made it through without turning critical I always wonder what they were taking/doing during it that might have made a difference. Probably nothing, I mean, weird virus is weird, but you do read things about vitamin D deficiency possibly making it much worse and stuff like that, so just in case this is helpful for anyone who wants to stock up their supplements, I have been on:

Vitamin D
                    PhytoMulti capsules (a daily multi vitamin that includes zinc)
                    Quercetin (doc put me on it for allergies months ago)
                    Monolaurin (for the mono/epstein barr infection)
                    Cortisol Manager (for both cortisol and as my sleeping pill)
                    SystemWell Ultimate Immunity Support (sporadically until I started feeling bad, then took bunches)
                    proferrin iron pills

and my asthma maintenance inhaler Alvesco (ciclesonide) which is apparently what some docs are using to treat covid in the lungs in other countries.

I only drank cranberry juice and water (and the cranberry juice tasted almost just like the water which was really freaky!).

Also, I had recently done a 4 week course of B12 shots because my doc has been trying to figure why I can't seem to shake my chronic anemia, so maybe that made a difference?

On my absolute sickest day I think I only managed to use the inhaler and that was it, but the other days I made sure to take all my pills as soon as I could stand up.

Anyway, do with that what you will.

Comment

• TALK TO ME ABOUT CORTISOL MANAGER.

Comment

• Did I tell you guys I'm super into CBD for sleep? It's made a huge difference in my life.

Comment

• Man, I have tried umpteen kinds of CBD oil in lots of diff formats and it's never done anything for me. I don't know why, my older bro swears by it.

TALK TO ME ABOUT CORTISOL MANAGER.

So! originally my doc had me on Ultra Theta PM for sleep:

https://www.amazon.com/Biotics-Resea...SLS/ref=sr_1_5

And it worked great! I took it for about a year. Deepest sleep of my life, weirdest dreams. But I was staying sleepy all day, so she switched me to Cortisol Manager a few weeks ago:

https://www.amazon.com/Cortisol-Mana.../dp/B0031TRUOG

I fall asleep just as easily on this, but my dreams are slightly less weird. I don't know if it's doing good things for my cortisol yet, because I haven't been on it super long and haven't checked my levels in awhile. Not having any side effects, though, and I'm sleeping well as far I can tell.

Another note on my list of supplements, apparently quercetin and monolaurin are both being studied for covid fighting qualities, so I might have accidentally created* a winning cocktail for staying out of the ICU huzzah.

* but you know, weird virus is weird so . . . ymmv a whole lot.

Comment

• Ugh, ophy, I hope you're able to figure out what it was! I'm super glad you're on the mend, though! I got my first vaccine shot yesterday and my arm is sore, but no other side effects yet. My sister got hers on Saturday and had muscle aches and fatigue for about 12 hours on Sunday and then woke up feeling fine yesterday. I've seen a pretty wide range of experiences so far with a bunch of people feeling mild fatigue and achiness. Only a few people I know didn't feel much of anything, but I never have vaccine reactions so hopefully, I'll stay feeling well. I have my second round in 3 weeks.

Christmas Day is supposed to be beautiful here so we're doing lunch outdoors at my parents. Weird, but at least we get to see each other.

Comment

• So glad you got vaccinated! YAY! I LOVE TO HEAR IT.

Several other of my friends just got or are scheduled. It makes me so happy!

As for CBD, I mostly thought it was absurd trendy garbage but I was desperate to stop waking up off and on all night. I can get to sleep but *staying* asleep is a nightmare for some reason in the last couple of years. I did a bunch of reading and it made me nuts because you have no idea what you're getting and there's no regulations. UGH. Anyway, Reddit said to use this and I figured they would fucking know, right? So I went with a high dose because it seems like a lot of this stuff has barely trace amounts. And to use full spectrum so it *might* include trace amounts of THC (I'm not a stoner-type so I'm noticed if it affected me). And it needs to be an oil or tincture and you have to put it under your tongue and let it absorb.

So I do a full dropper full every night before bed. When I don't, the quality of my sleep is noticeably worse and I feel tired when I wake up. It's really shocking how specific and profound it is. And also! I figured it was a placebo effect and then a few times I've forgotten to take it before bed and it took me awhile to realize that I was dragging ass on ONLY the days I missed taking it.

I dunno. Maybe it's bullshit. It feels real tho.

Comment

• If it’s a placebo, it’s a relatively harmless one, and probably not going to bankrupt you, so who cares!

Glad you got your first dose, Issie! The NY Times has a website that tells you where you are in line and I am behind like 200 million people, which is fine cause I can sit home like a hermit. I have proven that over the last 9 months.

I never have vaccine reactions so hopefully, I'll stay feeling well
                                Let us hope so. I got the Shingrix vaccine 18 months or so ago, and it knocked me down, both shots: fever, aches, etc. I apparently I have a robust immune response? Still better than what I have seen of shingles.

One of my cousins just died of covid - we were never close so I am not really upset about it, but it still makes me angry that this dude died younger than he needed to because he was (not to speak ill of the dead, but true) an ignorant hillbilly who believed Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X