No announcement yet.

Hypochondria as a legitimate hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean... I'm sorry for your loss but at least COVID killed a Trump voter in this case.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• So ever since my mystery virus a few weeks ago, I've been still suffering from fatigue and out-of-breathness and muscle weakness and general shakiness and headaches and food tasting a bit funny. But! The wooooooorst lingering side effect has been the kind of vertigo that comes and goes where lying down or turning your head makes the room spin and spin. I haven't slept much in the past 48 hrs because I had an attack of vertigo that would just not go away and I couldn't lie down and was generally feeling nauseous and sea sick all day long and was miserable and useless. Looked into it and apparently that is most likely BPPV: Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo and caused by crystals? in your ear? that get dislodged and then roll around? I didn't realize that was a thing but if it happens to you it suuuuucks.

This was me for like, most of the weekend:

There are a couple of methods to try and get the crystals to go back to whence they came and stop the spinny spinny suckiness. The oboy tried to help me do something called the Epley maneuver but I guess we screwed it up because it only made things much much much worse*. What ended up working for me was the Half Somersault Maneuver instead.

* yes I know doing it with a PT or a doc is best but I HAD TO MAKE IT STOP and it was a Sunday and I didn't have much choice.

https://youtu.be/zKWCuQPRv4I

I did a few times last evening and the spinny spinny went away more or less, but I am extra woozy today. Anyhoo, just a tip if it ever happens to you. It's not serious, apparently, just a (minor) nightmare to live through.

2021 starting off strong, obvs!

Comment

• I had vertigo once thanks to an inner ear infection and it was the absolute worst.

My son has covid but he's been okay. He said he'd have gone to work with it (ie he's felt worse and gone to work) if he hadn't been required to self isolate. We're in a very strict lockdown (again) in Scotland so luckily he has been unable to infect any older family members as noone has seen him for weeks, including me. I ordered a him an oximeter and made him send me pics of his readings because he did have an uncomfortably tight feeling around his chest. Other than that he only had the cough and occasional headache. No fever at all.

He's just lost his sense of taste but as he's a vegan I told him this would have minimal impact on his life even if it never comes back.
        Last edited by Linda; 01-11-2021, 02:31 PM.
        Bitter Shipper

Comment

• I had vertigo once thanks to an inner ear infection and it was the absolute worst.

It's really awful! I really hated it!

And because my brain is a JERK, I immediately assumed I had brain tumor because of course I did.

He's just lost his sense of taste but as he's a vegan I told him this would have minimal impact on his life even if it never comes back.

Hee.

For some people the taste/smell thing is lasting months and months! I still don't know if I had covid or not yet, but I will say my taste and smell came mostly back a couple of weeks or so after disappearing. I'm probably at 80% now.

The oximeter was a great idea. I've had one on my bedside table since last March because as an asthmatic, I ain't taking any chances with that bullshit.

Comment

• Linda, hope your boy recovers quickly! Avoid him like the plague bc he's got the plague.

Glad you figured out how to fix some vertigo. I have a co-worker who gets terrible vertigo regularly and has to take meds for it. It sounds like it sucks.
            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• Linda, I hope your son gets well soon!
              sigpic

Comment

• The after-effects from covid are bizarre. I hope the vertigo is cleared up by your gymnastics, O.

Ha - I hope he recovers quickly. I am a vegetarian, but this made me laugh and I am going to use this on some vegans I know.

I live in a condo and I am sadly president of the condo association (mistakes were made) and yesterday I had to send out an email to all residents because one of my neighbors has covid (told me) and was walking through the hallways of the building without a mask. I can’t even with how selfish and horrible you’d have to be. We have a few over-65 people in the building and why did she want to kill them? And I couldn’t step on her privacy by telling everyone, so I had to word my email as a general warning, though I frankly feel like outing her to everyone.

Comment

• OMG V, I would out her to everyone via the whisper network.

Comment

• That is happening.

Comment

• The good news is that I did clear up my vertigo with gymnastics, the bad news is that it turned into a double ear infection and now I'm on anti-biotics. I don't think the gymnastics were to blame! Doc says my mystery virus caused the initial issue and then it turned bacterial. huzzah.

So much dizzyness! Stupid ear drum fluids where there aren't supposed to be any. I have felt like I was on a boat for ten days now, everything around me rocking and swaying, and I'm seasick all day. I don't even like being on real boats, and I would particularly like to get off this one.

Comment

• How do you handle the antibiotics, ophy? I remember there were issues.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I get motion sickness pretty easy so this sounds particularly hellish to me.

Comment

• How do you handle the antibiotics, ophy? I remember there were issues.

OH THERE ARE (unmentionable toilet related) ISSUES. WE WILL NOT SPEAK OF THEM.

Comment

• Awww, poor you!
                              sigpic

Comment

• It's been a long time since I was on antibiotics . . . I finished these on Saturday (only a 3 day pack), but I am still on a boat. Should I still be on a boat?

(what a throwback!)

Do y'all know if it takes awhile to actually kill off everything after you've taken all the pills? I don't know what to expect and my doc isn't in today. Would like to know if there's a light at the end of this boat tunnel or if the antibiotics were just a waste of time and bodily fluids.

It's been 2 wks! I seriously need the ground to stay still, I am not enjoying any of it.

Stairs are particularly fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X