No announcement yet.

Hypochondria as a legitimate hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for vaccinations! O, I am glad your boat is on calmer waters now.

I have considered driving to Ohio for a vaccine since I qualify under their guidelines and I know some people who did so, but the notion of having to drive back with something going on has made me realize I am better off waiting for PA to get its act together. It is a sad state of affairs when Ohio is doing better than you, though.

Comment

• I would wait, maybe? If I could see in the future and see how stressful it would be for us. Everyone else we know (that used my research to get it early--lolsob) had a perfect day trip! So... I dunno. I'm just not that lucky?

I'm super grateful to be vaccinated and to have a single dose. I read that rumors are swirling that J&J won't be able to meet the promised numbers, which would slow down the rate of vaccinations so it's maybe good I got a little aggressive with it. I'm also optimistic about J&J because it showed some resistance to some of the variants out there. Overall, I just need a vacation. I need to get the fuck out of my house and see something out in the world. I'm not really as much of a homebody as one might think, given my internet interests. Heh.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• I need to get the fuck out of my house and see something out in the world.

This is for you, is:

Vaccination Day!

https://youtu.be/U74wUO54Sdg

. . . I'm definitely more Kim in this one.

Comment

• Love that everyone’s starting to get protected! My first dose is scheduled for Saturday...and I’m supposed to take maternity pics Sunday. Eff. Hopefully I’ll end up with just a sore arm.

Comment

• A rural hospital about an hour from here is doing wink-wink nudge-nudge “we’ll vaccinate everyone” in defiance of PA’s 1A group, and they are still having trouble filling slots, so I drove out this morning and got my Pfizer. I am already tired, but maybe that is psychosomatic. I don’t care either way. I just feel good to have the process moving forward inside my body.

Comment

• Well done everyone. I am so happy for all of you.
              sigpic

Comment

• Got my shot yesterday morning. Arm is sore - but not excessively so. Perhaps I'm sort of used to having a limited range of motion for this arm - my oncologist says my shoulder problems are due to my being diabetic but I think it is a side effect of the cancer drugs.

A good night's sleep - but then I had a couple beer last night.

Got the Pfizer - next shot is in 16 weeks.

Comment

• Yay! But why so long a wait for the second?

Comment

• Yay, Res! Although, like Vanessa, I thought Pfizer doses were like 3 or 4 weeks apart. That's what everyone here does.

Next week is shots week for us. My father in law gets his first shot on the 5th, mr dada on the 8th and my mom her second shot on 9th. There's light at the end of the tunnel!
                    sigpic

Comment

• hey all - sorry for the delay in posting - holiday weekend with fam.

Re: delay in 2nd dose
                      https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nac...nths-1.5934563
                      I am urban Indigenous - despite my health issues I have to wait for the 2nd dose. On-reserve people got their 2nd shot after 2 weeks - so my brother and his son (fireman) both have their shots.

Sunday at midnight Ontario began an "Emergency brake" on opening up. So we are in lockdown #3 for a month. *sigh*

Comment

• Well - the "emergency brake" has turned into a full lockdown - non-essential stores closed, big box limited to food items. But garden centres are open.

Comment

• That's crazy that y'all are locking down so strict again when everything here is just about opened wide. There are even states that have lifted the mask mandates -- which is obviously stupid and reckless!

mr.o had his second shot of Pfizer yesterday (no side effects yet) and I get mine next week. Hoping for another 28 hr nap to be honest.

I'm struggling right now you guys. My boatyness eased up a tad bit . . still there but causing fewer balance issues, which is good. But! now my dominant symptom is massive turrible no good nasty headaches that I have every single day for hours and hours. And I've become really hyper photosensitive, so being on the computer, watching tv, being in a room with lights on, etc triggers the pain bands around my head to tighten. I'm brain foggy and my vision keeps blurring too. I mean, this pain is baaaaad. You know it's bad when my screen time report says my screen time has gone down 75% in the past two weeks. I mean, the horrors.

So I went to a vestibular PT and after a bunch of diagnostic tests that made me want to rip my brain out of my head she said both of my other docs were wrong and I have vestibular migraines and cervigenic* vertigo. Happens mostly to women in their forties in perimenopause who have a weak vestibular systems**, seems to be related to hormone issues (duh) and triggered by stress*** or viruses****. It's chronic and incurable***** and has to be managed with supplements, therapy, drugs, and an EXTREMELY FUCK AWFUL hella restrictive migraine diet.

* my fucked up upper neck from the whiplash when I was a teen can cause vertigo in my 40s? who knew?

** like if you have always gotten car sick or sea sick and have always had issues spinning or turning fast and can't stand swings or hammocks or roller coasters and I have all of those

*** well that's weird it's not like 2020 was stressful for anyone

**** uh oh

***** shit

******* HERE WE GO AGAIN WHEEEEEEEEE

I guess the only bright side is window shopping for migraine products on Amazon. They've got special glasses! essential oil sticks! ice hats! traction devices! weird plastic things that clamp onto the area on your hand between your thumb and your pointer finger!

. . . AND THIS THING:

Which I assume also comes with like laser vision or mind reading capabilities given the cost.

My PT had me get one of these:

and it makes me look an alien from Doctor Who so that's kinda fun.

The migraine corner of the interwebz is one of the saddest corners, though, so I guess you gotta find your fun where you can.

Comment

• Oh no! My friend has chronic migraines and other issues and she has botox shot into the back of her head (but not her face? Weird!) to help with them and even has to carry an oxygen tank because of it (doesn't pure oxygen make you high?). She's evolved and is super into edibles now (silver lining?).

Also, she's undertaken some intense therapy during the pandemic. I think she goes 2-3 times a week to uncover trauma (which sucks!) but she said it's actually helping since she read the book The Body Keeps the Score -- it's all about how trauma and stress manifest in your body and give you chronic illnesses. So, yes, mental and physical (whiplash!) youthful traumas can play havoc on YOUR WHOLE SELF in your 40s.

So that's neat. I'm just gonna go eat my feelings about that.
                            Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• O, I am sorry you feel so bad, but I am at least glad that is a diagnosis that makes sense. I have had migraines all my life - I get the aura migraines, and I get occasional vestibular migraines. If a very sharp storm front blows through town, I can be sitting at work and all of a sudden feel super dizzy until the storm passes. It is not super fun, so I feel for you on that one.

What I have found is that my migraines got much worse for one year during my perimenopause and then settled down to where I would have one or two migraines a year. Then about 5 years later, I went through a period where they were bad again, and then 2020 caused them to flair up (I had a bad one in the summer that lasted a solid week until my doc gave me a steroid pack to knock it down). For me it is usually triggered by stress and/or eyestrain, and I have been lucky because if I can take Imitrex as soon as I get the aura, the headache itself usually goes away quickly and I am just left with the post-migraine exhaustion and brain fog. I have also had success with the green light therapy, if you have seen that one. The weird hand clip thing did nothing for me. Mine were never triggered by food consumption, so I haven’t tried the diet restrictions.

The migraine internet is very sad, but do know that for most people it is possible to get migraines to a treatable thing. It’s not an easy or fun process, but even in the last 10 years there have been big advances with the prophylactic drugs. Finding what is triggering it is the hard part - could be weather/stress/eyestrain, like I have, or food, or hormones, or smells.

Comment

• Poor, O! This sounds no fun at all. I hope you find something that works for you. *big hugs*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X