Clear All

• One dose down, one to go!
    sigpic

Comment

• Huzzah for shots!

Comment

• Yay, Dada!

Comment

• Second dose done. My arm is killing me and I'm sore all over but no other side effects. Right now, all of my family is fully vaccinated. (Apart from the kids, of course.)
          sigpic

Comment

• So - got my second shot a while back. Other than a slightly sore arm - no problems.
            Still observing COVID protocols - don't shop at Walmart or big box stores, haven't been to the mall either. Mostly grocery stores, occasional dollar store. Was at a VV today and a woman came in without a mask! OMG - I know she's probably fully vaxed but, really! People avoided her.

My brother died last week. He wasn't very well liked so planning stuff was easy - we blamed the funeral home's COVID protocols for just having a visitation instead of a full funeral.

Comment

• So sorry about your brother, Res.

Basically nobody is wearing a mask down here anymore, vaxxed or not. There's no real State mandate anymore, and the CDC says unvaxxed folks don't have to. I've eaten inside in restaurants a couple of times now unmasked, and I've been in a store for a few minutes unmasked but it does feel hella weird to do so. But I have the feeling we'll be experiencing new restrictions soon enough, when the delta variant takes hold.

Comment

• I am sorry, Res.

I had therapy today and my therapist and I have been hitting some major stuff the past three sessions, and made some breakthroughs. He told me that he and his therapists friends have been talking about what a relief it is to not be having the same conversation every session, and how they now have goals for their clients beyond “don’t regress too much during the pandemic”.

Comment

• Sorry about your brother, Res!

I'm mostly living a normal life now, but we have high vaccination rates in my county and very low infection rates. However, I am supposed to go to Florida for a tradeshow and side trip at the end of August and I'm increasingly freaked the fuck out about it!
                  Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

• My husband has a fully vaccinated patient in the ICU right now with COVID Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome - this variant and probably all the others are not fucking around. And we're in CT which has SUPER high vax rates. I am still cautiously going out and doing things, but I'm wearing my mask indoors at stores again and I think I'm coming to the end of the time that I'll feel comfortable eating inside at a restaurant. I'm so mad about all of it.

Comment

• I am so sorry, Res.

I’ve eaten indoors exactly once, in a corner booth, and I’ve gone to Walmart, Home Depot and Lowe’s unmasked just because they’re so large and I’d flee if someone tried to breathe on me. Vaccination rates are high here, but we share a state line with the new COVID epicenter, so I always expected a return to masks in the fall anyway. People wanna die, I dunno.

Comment

• I'm fucking livid with these anti-vaccine morons. I'm just DONE with the bullshit and and the crazy! My husband and I have talked about going back to masking at stores, etc. We stopped at a thrift store a few days ago and about 1/4 of the people are back to masks.

I don't wear a mask at work or outdoors. But everyone I work with is vaccinated, and we only go into the office 1-2 days a week at most. It's getting very confusing to know what the right thing to do for our safety (and others) is. That story about the vacc'd person being ventilated in scary! And it's frustrating because I no longer trust the CDC after the 2020 shitshow. Who is accurately tracking infections post-vaccine? Uggggh. It's impossible.

Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Working...
                        X