No announcement yet.

Hypochondria as a legitimate hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aww! You are so welcome to dump some of that separation anxiety onto me! I seem to be at the opposite end of the spectrum because my brain is screaming for some sort of date night or girls’ night or night in a hotel by my damn self. My kids have brought home such a multitude of phlegm-y, non-COVID ailments this year. We’ve missed two great-grandparents’ 90th birthdays, two grandparent birthdays, my birthday (my friends FaceTimed me from drag brunch), and 85% of weekend get-togethers with friends.

Still haven’t made an appointment for my eval for ADHD, but I should’ve predicted my sweaty, silent panic attack when we went to a chaotic movie theater for the first time in two years, right after the latest mass shooting. Top Gun, the #1 movie in the world, featuring the sound of military weapons and a packed house of coughing strangers, on a Saturday night! Brilliant.

Comment

• The day of the shooting in Highland Park -- one that was way too close to home as I knew numerous people in the area that day -- we went to see Top Gun. The shooter hadn't been caught yet and they were canceling festivities everywhere.I spent the first 20 minutes of the movie wondering what would happen if somebody opened fire.

YAY AMERICA.
      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Working...
      X