No announcement yet.

Books & Such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read Little Fires Everywhere to get ready for the J being in the movie or show or what they’re going to do with it. It’s so much like every other book in its category; I am going to forget it in like a week. There were parts that were promising, but it didn’t hang together as a whole, and it was just overwritten.

It’s not a great part for the J - the men in the book are uniformly uninteresting bit players, only there to advance the women.
    Sounds perfect for him, he seems to prefer being in a supporting role in things. Maybe they’ll improve it for tv.

Comment

• Sounds perfect for him, he seems to prefer being in a supporting role in things.

This is a good point. The J has never had a true 'starring' vehicle when you know he must have been offered at least one role where he's the snarky cop/lawyer/doc who doesn't play by the rules and the title of the show is just his character's name, right? So I guess he's not really interested in anything but ensembles.

Vulture did a fascinating article on Sherrilyn Kenyon's legal woes and uh . . . I think the poor lady has undiagnosed mental issues and nobody is trying to kill her at all, and that's sad!

https://www.vulture.com/2019/06/roma...soned-her.html

Kenyon had her blood, hair, and nails tested for 21 different heavy metals. The results, which she shared with me, appeared to show elevated levels of chromium, beryllium, manganese, nickel, cadmium, antimony, platinum, mercury, lithium, selenium, tin, barium, thorium, and arsenic. These tests are the basis of her claim that she was poisoned. But when I spoke with Dr. Ernest Lykissa, the lead scientist of the lab that performed the tests, he said the concentrations of heavy metals in her system weren’t high enough to support her theory. “In this case,” he said, “the only thing I see is environmental exposure.” He thought she’d probably absorbed the metals from her surroundings — from the paint in her home, for example, or the exhaust from her car.
      Goldberger and other toxicologists I spoke to said they would never test patients for toxins without first meeting with them or speaking with their physicians. If they had met with Kenyon, they would have asked her about her medical history and her eating habits. They would have wanted to know if she ever dyed her hair (she did) and if she had been going through menopause when her most recent symptoms appeared (she had). But Kenyon told me she never saw a toxicologist. Cabal, her son, said that she’d always been sick, that her teeth had always been bad, that she had lived on fast food for as long as he could remember, and that she rarely exercised or got enough sleep.

“She is by far the most unhealthy person I’ve ever met,” he said. “Her not being sick was rare.”

Comment

• Somebody has to help this woman, get her into a home where they can care for her, because she’s batshit.

Comment

Working...
        X