No announcement yet.

RESIST! Punch A Fucking Nazi In The Fucking Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if this passes the house, it dies in the senate. It's infuriating to me that they just refuse to create cost controls and fix the issues in the law.
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Great job, Resistors! A lot of this victory is on YOU. Errrybuddy gets a Happy Hillary for this week's work.

Reading about the Trumplican's utter failure at passing their core issue is my new favorite literary genre.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...e-trump-214947

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/2...?_r=0&referer=

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...macare/520788/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexislevin...LKW#.nrkNjKbAz

Comment

I'm savoring their loss and feeling frustrated that we can't get some damn grownups to just FIX what's not working about it. Infuriating.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

YAAAAAS. We got the 41 Dems needed to filibuster Gorsuch!

THANK YOU, SEN. COONS.

Might not matter in the long run (and might forever change the way the Senate handles filibusters for SCOTUS) but it had to be done this way. Justice for Garland!

Comment

Ugh, it's depressing to see the posts above celebrating the death of the AHCA when we find ourselves right back here again a month later.

This will die in the Senate, right? IT HAS TO.

Comment

Maybe? Mitch McConnell doesn't care about anything except power. So we'll see.

Comment

Everything y'all need to contact your reps about the Comey firing! The key is calling for an independent commission *and* special prosecutor to take over the Russiagate investigation (ask for both):

http://itstimetofight.weebly.com/comey-firing.html

Comment

My rep is a shitstain who gives ZERO fucks about his non-Republican constituents. It's maddening.

Comment

Yeah, my Reps are that bad, too. Can't get through via phone, but I'm flooding them with faxes! I'm also contacting Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell . . . who presumably don't want to see a bloodbath in the 2018 mid-terms.

Someone on twitter mentioned that Watergate only took down Nixon because there was a groundswell of public outcry, so I'm just adding to the current outcry hoping for SOMETHING to shake loose.

Comment

I keep forgetting faxes are an option! Do yours just look like the script, basically?

My state is the reddest red, but when my rep is fucking over the 99% he's super midwestern polite about it!

Comment

I'm not sure Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell like their jobs when they're really accountable? They care about their own power and profile and reelection, but this three-ring republican circus just goes to show that they have no agenda beyond deregulation at all costs, fuck the poor and reduce taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

Comment

I keep forgetting faxes are an option! Do yours just look like the script, basically?

So easy! www.faxzero.com! Totally free, and they already pre-populate your Rep or Senator's info and number for you. Takes like, two mins. You do have to remember to check your email, though, because the fax won't send unless you click on a confirmation link they send you.

I fax nearly errrryday, so I try to mix it up script-wise. I tell them I'm their constituent, usually with my zip code included, and then add something rousing about how history will view their heroism if they put country over party, or how the American People Deserve To Know The Truth! or something uber patriotic like that. When they do the opposite of what I've urged (which is always, to be honest), I send a follow up fax to let them know that they have disappointed me with their Cowardice and lack of Patriotism. I capitalize things! And use exclamations sparingly but kind of randomly! I generally keep it very simple with small words because my Reps are not smart men. Other than what I'm asking them to do, you wouldn't be able to tell from my language if I was a liberal voter or a conservative one . . . and if they look me up, I'm registered Independent anyway. They generally only care about the base so I try to sound kinda like I might be one of their own voters who has been Pushed Too Far!

Comment

Samesies! I'm registered Independent. The last email I sent to my "gentleman asshole" rep, I definitely emphasized my Christianity and brought the subtle guilt like my mama taught me. It was serving all sorts of "I hope your were truly genuine when you said you cared about serving ALL the people of this state..."

Comment

I tell mine he's a flaming shithead and that I look forward to the day he's voted out of office.

But your way is great, too.

Comment

SPECIAL PROSECUTOR, Y'ALL.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...a-probe-238524

Justice Dept. to appoint special prosecutor for Russia probe

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller will oversee the probe into Russia's alleged involvement in the 2016 presidential election..

Meeting the demands of Democratic lawmakers, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein named former FBI Director Robert Mueller to oversee the probe.

"Based upon the unique circumstances, the public interest requires me to place this investigation under the authority of a person who exercises a degree of independence from the normal chain of command," Rosenstein said in a statement. "A special counsel is necessary in order for the American people to have full confidence in the outcome. Our nation is grounded on the rule of law, and the Public must be assured that government officials administer the law fairly."

White House spokespeople have said they view the appointment of a special counsel as unnecessary.

I'm too scared to hope! But this is GOOD, right????

Comment

Working...
                                X