Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is good. He's going down.

Comment

I have zero faith that the GOP will allow an impeachment no matter what Comey says today but! It's all part of the chip chip chipping away of Republican credibiity that will either lead to a presidential resignation a lŠ Nixon, or a Democratic wave election in 2018. And a Dem wave in 2018 will lead to impeachment.

HOWEVER! Those bastards are gearing up to fast track Trumpcare in the Senate while everyone is distracted by Russiagate, so here's a calling/faxing list for today:

http://itstimetofight.weebly.com/cal...ursday-68.html

. . . and they are trying to ditch the financial regs that were put in place to prevent another economic recession:

Comment

From Robert Reich:

'jubilation' and 'dread'.

Comment

Calls, faxes and emails have dropped off tremendously, (back down to pre-Trump levels) so the GOP thinks they can pass AHCA without any outcry. Time to show them they are wrong, y'all!

McConell has been pretending that they don't have the votes so they can just slip this through without alerting the Resistance. It ain't true! They do have the votes. TAKE THOSE VOTES AWAY.

Last edited by ophy; 06-12-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

For those who are interested, this might explain why McCain voted YES on the motion to proceed on a bill he then voted NO on when he came to the floor:

This was the most bigly way to kill it dead (and majorly fuck over McConnell). Now I feel bad for being so irritated with him over his MTP vote.

I remember the days when I didn't have to stay up til 2:30 AM just to see if my gov't was going to vote to kill people or nah. I miss those days.

Comment

I don't know who to even partially trust to care about humans anymore, but if it was a calculated move, then

Comment

Ooops. Seeing that the 'McCain voted yes on MTP to kill the bill dead even more bigly' story might just be a story, oh well. We can all go back to feeling irritated with him over letting it get this far in the first place.

Doesn't make McConnell's salty turtle tears any less delicious, though!

As for all the turmoil in the White House it's so lovely how they are defenestrating each other. Like tossing people overboard the Titanic just minutes before it goes under anyway.

Comment

Kamala Harris is in the race for President!

Comment

I feel really really really good about all of our choices for the Dem nom so far.* I don't even have a fave yet, I'm just enjoying this moment before it all becomes the hellish nightmarescape election campaign season always does. WE HAVE WOMEN CANDIDATES!!! THAT'S PLURAL!!!

*except for Tulsi Gabbard, because ugh.

Comment

THERE ARE SO MANY WOMEN OMG.

(Thank you, Hillary Clinton, for AGAIN changing the world in your own lifetime.)
                      Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Working...
                      X