No announcement yet.

RESIST! Punch A Fucking Nazi In The Fucking Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not attended any protests in my city, so I‘ve been donating and supporting black online businesses as much as I can, signing petitions, and just unlearning so much bullshit.

Here are a couple more links:
    Black Mamas Matter Alliance
    The Conscious Kid

Please keep the funnies coming. The “You About to Lose Your Job” Remix is playing on a loop in my head.

Comment

I know Facebook is teh evil, BUT! Both of my 70+ white non-college educated parents who live in the ruby reddest of red states are have been telling me that huh, maybe we really should abolish the police and they learned all the reasons why on Facebook this week. Radicalization on social media can work both ways, and I think that's a hopeful thing. (Because no way are boomers gonna get off Facebook, ain't gonna happen.)

Comment

Thanks for the links. This makes it easy for me stay home (forever?) and also try to help!
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Relatedly: with all the talk of "Antifa" the name of this thread amuses me.
          Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

Honestly, everything happens so much and moves so fast and it's VERY CONFUZZLING to figure out where our $ should go. I thought victims of protest brutality/protestors who had been arrested might need legal help, but after I donated to some legal action/aid groups, an activist said on twitter that folks should be giving money straight to organizers not lawyer groups. And some are dunking on the Equal Justice Initiative for weakening the defund police idea, so i don't know! Maybe the list I did was not the best.

However, if you still have some to spare, it seems important (after the election shitshow in Georgia) to focus on protecting voting rights before November rolls around.

Worrying this kind of bullshit kept me up last night.

One of the things I was most looking forward to in a Warren/Harris administration was packing the fucking Supreme Court! I'd say we could very much use two extra Dem appointee judges, yee haw, Justice Roberts.

Very much doubt Biden is going to do that, but hey . . . we might get DC and Puerto Rican statehood, which would also be VERY GOOD and would keep the Senate safely blue for a very long time.

This is waaaay overdue:

Take down all the genocidal fuckers at once, yaaaas.

​​​​​​​

Last edited by ophy; 06-10-2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

The "it's our history" arguments are such bad faith.

Comment

We can solder all the remaining confederate and colonizer statue heads onto the asses. You know, compromise.

Comment

Honestly, everything happens so much and moves so fast and it's VERY CONFUZZLING to figure out where our $ should go.
                  This has been a concern for me too, but I watched Trevor Noah last night and he was on with people from several different organizations to talk about defunding the police. The group that was there agreed that the conversation shift from 8 Can't Wait to defund or abolish the police has happened faster than they expected, but that their overall goals align. I think that is the important thing to remember as someone who wants to participate, but might now know how or might be worried about making the wrong move. Whether you're donating to BLM or EJI or various bail funds, the overall mission is the same so as long as the places we're donating to are legit and have a mission that falls under these larger goals, I don't know that you can really misstep too badly here. That was my takeaway from all of this, but feel free to check me if you get a different message.

Did y'all read Lainey yesterday? Between Meghan Markle's bestie and Amy Cooper, Canadian Karens are really out here showing their asses. I did not expect them to show up this way.

Also, how are y'all confronting the ALMish folks in your feeds? Are you bothering to? My insta and Twitter are largely free of them unless I subject myself to the comments, but our FB is infuriating. I never bothered to make my own account and so Mr. Issie and I share his which I know is eye rolly, but it's not because we have to show everyone how super married we are. It was out of my own laziness/resistance to join any social media like 12 years ago and at some point, it just became more trouble to start my own account. I basically never post apart from the occasional "Your baby is cute" comment, but I scroll the feed a few times a day so I don't what good it does to engage with people whose minds I won't change and who already know where we stand. Like, they're not looking to be educated so do I waste my time anyway? Is it irresponsible not to? These are the things that run my mind at 6:30 in the morning.

Comment

Like, they're not looking to be educated so do I waste my time anyway? Is it irresponsible not to?

This is just about the ONLY thing that doesn't keep me up at night. I'm all about curating your online experience to avoid dealing with circular arguments with the terminally dumb that go nowhere. Obvs, I snoozed or unfriended a boatload of people after 2016 (nearly all of my West Virginia relatives and most of my TN schoolmates because duh). So now, there aren't any ALM folks or Trump/Trump-lite peeps in my timeline anywhere. And I'm not very active on socials anyway, so it's kind of a moot point. mr.o doesn't have any social media, because he's obviously the smart one in this relationship. I'm not 100% sure that he even knows what Twitter is. I did let the ogirl have a FB and an insta account after much negotiation, but I'm super careful about who she's allowed to follow. There's only so much stress I'm willingly opening the door for these days.

I don't know that you can really misstep too badly here.

This is very reassuring, thank you!

Comment

Also, how are y'all confronting the ALMish folks in your feeds?
                      I have been aggressively snoozing and unfollowing on Facebook. My insta and twitter are all pre-curated, but the FB is a lot of people from my redneck high school, and my cousins, some of whom are problematic. Former coworkers who are MAGA I just unfriend; I don't need that crap.

I have gotten into a few arguments on Facebook anyway; I am not proud of it, but I have felt like hitting back at some people for reasons. Also, I got into it on twitter a few times and have since backed off to not doing that crap. I also tweeted at the mayor of Pittsburgh a few times because I am paying a lot of taxes to the city between property taxes and wage taxes and he deserves my opinions. That is not my best choice.

Comment

I also snoozed the Trump peeps long ago. I know it’s important to have important conversations, but I feel like that conversation with my fam went on for decades in tiny pieces and resulted in a silent agreement to just eat and play Scattergories. The rest of the Trump-Lite in my feed are posting vague platitudes about unity. The meme about being embarrassed to tell your grandkids you did nothing during a momentous time of social progress? They’re those people. Anyway, yeah, everyone here at the nono has been deep in the fandom interwebs long enough to know not to bother with the idiot section of anything...unless we’ve got the energy to make an entire trolly masterpiece website about it.
                        Last edited by LaaLaa; 06-12-2020, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I fight with people all the time on Facebook and I rarely defriend anyone. I MAKE THEM LEAVE ME.

Comment

Tiktok and Kpop stans punked Brad Parscale and I cannot get enough of it. I didn’t watch the entire rally, but I sat on Twitter watching the reactions. You might say that is a waste of a Saturday night, but it gave me so much joy that I don’t care. Same.

Comment

Yes! That was amazing. Trolling at its finest.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X