Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isadora
    replied
    I didn't think I could hate Trump more but my distaste reaches new heights each day.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    I was one of those people that thought that Al Gore should have pushed it further in 2000 since he had the popular vote, but now I can see he did the only thing he could so as not to destabilise the democracy.

I literally cannot believe what is happening.

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    I have decided to disengage from news and Twitter and Facebook till January, and NGL, it's amazing. I am delegating all of my worries about Trump and his cronies to Joe and Kamala, with faith that they will just make it happen for themselves.

If you can do it, let me recommend it as a way of life to you.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    YUP. Just waiting for the jump scare.

Leave a comment:

• IssieCol
    replied
    My brain knows that Biden is our new president, but my heart is wary af of all the shenanigans Trump and the RNC are trying to pull so I don't know that I'll really breathe easy until Jan. 21st. Our FB is the same is Laa's, but we also have some folks who obvs voted for Trump, but won't come right out and say it who are now asking for healing and understanding from those of us who voted for Biden. Like ok, but your dude literally won't even admit he lost and is refusing to move forward with a transition of power so...? Maybe STFU?

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    @nymag and @newyorkcity has great ones! I’m partial to Spike Lee popping champagne in Brooklyn.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    OMG THAT LINK IS AMAZING, LAA!

Does anybody have a round up of the best spontaneous party videos?

I'm obsessed with the guy goofing on French people with shout-outs to Dexter's Laboratory and Steve Martin: https://twitter.com/BTSOriented/stat...67102039191552

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    My IG feed was 3/4 dancing in the streets and 1/4 quietly butthurt posts like “It’s only four years and a president doesn’t control my life.” If Trump’s horrific policies and dismantled government agencies didn’t affect your life in any way, then CONGRATULATIONS, but a) Why vote if the president doesn’t matter? and b) Maybe take a second to listen to the people who were fucking crying out about exactly how they were being harmed? UGH. Guys, after four years, I don’t think I actually remember how to celebrate. I just keep thinking about my Trump-worshipping uncles and male cousins who probably refer to all my female cousins and me as the radical left. At least the next big Thanksgiving will probably be in 2022.

Leave a comment:

• isadora
    replied
    Watching all those people dancing joyfully in the streets yesterday was SO CATHARTIC. How could you choose to be part of the group with guns and grudges? I don't get it. LOL.

But, truly, what an insane time. I am so relieved it's hard to full process. The virus is still out of control (how desperately did I wish I was dancing in the street yesterday? But also: PANDEMIC!). Nearly half of Americans dig Trump (IT IS A YIKES FOR ME). But at least we will have sane, competent leadership at the federal level next year. As ophy noted, there's SO MUCH to do to restore the basics that passing legislation hardly matters for the first year. There's just so much to rebuild, it's overwhelming to think about.

Also, I love how little attention the media is giving THE LOSER now. The second it was obvious they started stepping around him and now he'll just be an aggrieved lil' bitch that doesn't get to be on the cover of the NYT every single fucking day.

IMAGINE being SUCH A RAVING SHIT HEAD that a huge number of people in the country throw a spontaneous party at your being ousted! It's WILD to think about.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    I was just thinking that we cannot still say that 2020 is the worst.

Leave a comment:

• LaaLaa
    replied
    Today I finally let myself happy-cry and I made a gross amount of brownies. Yes, nearly half the country was, like, totally gung-ho after a reality TV personality caged 500+ children and made them orphans, and he’ll probably wreak whatever lame duck havoc he can pull off in the next 70ish days. But for a second, I feel like we all exorcised a demon. We have actual leadership that isn’t a racist, homophobic, transphobic, science-phobic, narcissistic, hateful, deceitful, idiot shitshow with zero experience! Kamala Fucking Harris is Vice President! 2020 gave us SOMETHING.

Leave a comment:

• dada_teacher
    replied
    Finally!

Leave a comment:

• vanessa
    replied
    It feels amazing. I want to hug everyone.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied

I thought it would feel anti-climactic but it DOES NOT.

IT IS VERY GOOD AND VERY SWEET.

the gentleman in the top gif is Rev. Barber from the Poor People's Campaign who is out there fighting every day to turn NC blue again. If it ever happens, it will be because of him.

Leave a comment:

• ophy
    replied
    JUST FUCKING CALL IT ALREADY FOR BEEK'S SAKE.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X