No announcement yet.

Future of Madnono

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also? You know I saved that shit, brightened it up in Photoshop FOR SCIENCE and then Tumblr'd it:
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

I am saving NOTHING.

Which either shows a bright optimism in isadora and dreamhost's abilities, or a dark desire to burn everything down and walk away clean and free.

Oh, like you guys don't know which one.

Last edited by ophy; 09-19-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Actually, we're putting our fate in vBulletin (so, obviously, we're losing everything?).

Laa, did you save the Core Four thread as HTML files? *panicking*

Also, it's making me laugh that your posted image isn't working, ophy! LOL
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

I feel like the Twi thread is going to be disappeared forever. Which is maybe for the best as last five years feel like a dream. Or a lie. Or something. /emo about all the things today

Comment

Also, it's making me laugh that your posted image isn't working, ophy! LOL
            Ha! And so it begins.

It works for me! It's the pic of the girl smiling as she watches a house burn down. It's delish.

I feel like the Twi thread is going to be disappeared forever.
            I am totally at peace with that. I don't feel any real connection to that time at all any more. Like, that was a totes other me.

Maybe a little twinge when I think about losing some of my way overly elaborate TVD spec, though. I will mostly miss the stuff where I was wrong. There's some decent book plot ideas in there I could have used someday, since Plec and co didn't.

Comment

I don't feel any real connection to that time at all any more. Like, that was a totes other me.
              LOL, tell me how you really feel though.

Comment

Ha! I didn't mean like that.

When I look back at the thread itself, it was TOTALLY me. But my memory is serious fuzz about all those details I once cared so desperately about. Probably protectively so. I'm the same about the DC days, my BTVS days, and all my past fandom obsessions, and in a couple of years, I'll be the same about TVD. All distance-y and dream-like. I won't even remember the exact order in which Nina met all of the Boys of Summer '14 anymore. *woe*

Comment

Hee. I know what you mean. You probs don't even remember that we were *briefly* very into HaLo.

That ship makes me feel dirty now.

Comment

OH GROSS.

Wow, I don't remember that at all. Weird.

They did have an excellent shipping name, though. I give them props for that foresight.

ETA Oh forgot what I came in here to say . . . you know the ONTD slogan about the celebs being disposable, but the snark being priceless (or whatever it is, I don't know the wording)? Well, for us, I don't worry at all about migrations and moving again and again, because I *know* we are all going to be sitting side by side on in the rockers on the front porch of the Fandom Nursing Home together someday. The talkity talk we do is disposable, the community we have built is not.

WE WILL SURVIVE.

(the one in the middle is linda.)
                    Last edited by ophy; 09-19-2014, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Uh, I saved them as "Webpage, Complete" (.htm)! Is that the wrong one?

Comment

No, no. That's good.

Seriously, the only threads I reallllly care about here are--wait the list is already getting long as my brain forms it but basically any long-term Dawson's stars/fans threads are SUPER IMPORTANT TO THE HISTORY OF OUR LIVES. Kinda.

Comment

Feel free to keep posting. I haven't gotten the backup yet. I'll let you all know when I do!

Comment

Burn it down! Burn it all down!

Nian 4eva.
                            "But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.Ē---Kanye

Comment

If we do lose everything and have to start from scratch, think what a blank slate that gives us. We can become anything we want to be! Instead of a board where we talk about tv shows and celeb goss, we can focus on gardening and car repair. Or! We can swap identities! Laa can post as Neo, Neo can post as Ginni, Issie can be Sarah . . . Or! Even better, we can swap LIVES. I get dibs on linda. No wait, it rains a lot in Scotland. Hmmm. Trying to think who has the best weather . . . snick is close to a beach, but her life is a bit too busy for me. Does anyone here live in Hawaii and doesn't have to do a lot of boring work stuff during the day? I've been thinking about taking up kayaking, and kayaking seems like a Hawaii-thing to do.

If so, I've got dibs on your life. No take backs.

I'M EXCITED.

Comment

Dude. There's awesome sea kayaking here. And it doesn't rain as much on the east coast. Granted, the west coast has all the lochs an' shizzle, but hey - it's only an hour's drive.

Do you do girl loving though? Fee might object if you are all hetty.

Comment

Working...
                                X