Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs, Comments, Suggestions, etc. for NEW Madnono

It know it's ugly! But it's home.

What's working? What's not working? What would you like to see?
    Everything is awesome. I like the austere look. Thanks, isadora, for being so great and generous.
    88.89%
    I hate change and I hate you.
    0%
    I have a list of suggestions and I will be delivering them personally.
    11.11%
    Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Oooh! We can do polls! You know I love me some poll action.

I can't really tell yet if I have actual do-able suggestions, or if I just have a list of things-I'haven't-figured-out-yet to work through myself.

Pros so far:

-- auto save
    -- gifs seem to load much quicker on the page
    -- like and flag options
    -- quotes are purty
    -- fonts!
    -- polls!!!!!

Cons:

-- I haven't figured out how to post non bucket gifs without having to type out the tags
    -- keep getting logged out after a few mins
    -- can't jump to most recent post, thrown to the first page of a thread each time
    -- my avi is suddenly teeny
    -- the non-prettiness

All of my cons could easily be user error except the last one.

Comment

I share two of ophy's cons -- getting logged out and first page of thread every time. I haven't explored much beyond that. I hate change in general but I do like polls!
      Oh, auto-save just kicked in for this post. Definite pro! The transplant sitch is pretty cool.

Comment

Hmm. It's not logging me out so I'm not sure about that.

And when there is a "new" post in a given thread there will be a blue arrow you can click next to the topic that takes you to the newest or most recent post.
        Itís just really honestly so tiring and emotionally draining to have to get upset over reality constantly.

Comment

OK, so when I make changes to the backend, I likely cause site horking temporarily. So...sorry?

Also, I finally have full site admin privileges so I'll be horking the shit out of this site for the next few days.

Comment

Do they have an affordance for your users to contribute to the hosting fees (some of these kind of cloud-type things do)?
            Last edited by vanessa; 09-25-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Yo. This is nice! It's like a brand new house with all white walls that we will dirty up almost immediately.

So two itty things so far:
              - Wishing for a link to the main forum at the bottom of each thread because I'm that lazy.
              - When I post and go back to the section, it tells me there's a new, unread post for me to read...my post. That I just posted.
              Last edited by LaaLaa; 09-25-2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I'm not clear on if they have a kick-in system on the hosting fees. I am not clear on much tbh.

It's $20/month if you go month-by-month or $14/month if you pay for a year upfront. So I figured I'd do a one-year fundraiser? Like anybody so inclined can pitch in whatever they can afford? Eh? I dunno.

Comment

Ha! In the poll results, you can see who voted for what.
                  the Nono logo at the top.

Comment

The new board is SO much easier to read on my phone!

Comment

The pull-down menu at the bottom of the page that lets you select the color scheme! OG MNN 4 LYFE.

Comment

Ha! I created that color scheme today. I just don't now how to tweak it yet? Heh.

I like the border color--it makes the logo look better. But I don't love the brown town in the middle so much. It auto-generates complimentary colors!

This vb cloud system is less than year old and it's buggy as fuck tbh. So I'm hoping they continue to clear things up.

Comment

I LOVE that the new messaging system combines the sent and received messages so that it's easier to follow a conversation. AND they all transferred over so of course I just spent an hour rereading all my messages and laughing because Jennchum and I are hilarious.

<---so lame

Comment

The homepage looks like PP! #memories

Comment

It's a weird mix of PP/MNN and even MightyBig TV! Wish I could control it a little better.

Comment

Working...
                              X